Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Futaba radio pitch curves

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Futaba radio pitch curves

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 02:12 AM
djay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba radio pitch curves

Not sure if this should be here or in the radio section, but as it is heli related hope someone can help.

I have the Futaba 10c radio.
I am currently flying my Raptor 50 in normal mode, ie throttle and pitch both move with the throttle stick.
i feel it is time to move onto flying in idle up mode.
When I enable idle 1 in my 10c, and then programme the pitch and throttle curves for idle 1, they over write the normal pitch/throttle curve.
When the switch is selected to normal position only the idle 1 curves show, the same when I flick the switch to idle 1, it only has those curves, though it shows the respective positions (norm or idle1)
The normal pitch/throttle curves are programmed in the basic menu, the idle up pitch and throttle curves are programmed in the advanced menu,
How do I programme the t/x to retain both different pitch/throttle curves? so when I select normal, it has the normal curves, and when I select idle 1, it goes to the idle 1 curves.

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Darryl

Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM
bikemad

Default RE: Futaba radio pitch curves

I think I know what your doing wrong,
When your in advanced menu you need to scroll to the top and highlight the curve name, ie normal and swop from normal curves to idle with the wheel and not a switch,
it's onley then that your change the idle curves,
it's the wheel that changes the curves,
I don't know why the name changes to idle when you flick the idle switch but the curve is still normal,
ps I have a 10c so I'm not guessing,
there brilliant and can be set to do almost any thing but that can make them hard going to under stand, I've had my 10c for 3 years and have only just got to understand it all now,
it does grow with you, it's one of the best things about them,
have fun and if you get stuck just ask,
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 PM
djay

Thanks Bikemad.
i was playing with it last night and discovered just that.
You have to overide the norm, even though it shows idle1 next to it, strange way of doing things.
Must agree with you, this must be one of the best radios available today, if only the manual was of some use it would be even better.

Darryl
Old 08-23-2011, 09:49 AM
bikemad

yes it's a awesome TX, for any one else out there reading this thread what we mean is you swop the name on the top of the screen, the one on the left has to be changed to do the curve, the name on the right next to it doesn't matter and it's changed with a switch,