Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

HELP!! Please Read This

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 05:47 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Please Read This

Thank you for reading this. Im currently building a Giant Vario Hughes 500E and as it turn out last night due to some supernatural powers one of the aluminum tubes that goes thru the fuse and into the wood formers mysteriously disapeared. now given that i was planning on spending the whole day saturday working on the fuse. that fact that my wife may have something to do with it is not ruled out yet. JK LOL. Anyways, i spent all day today trying to find a replacement locally. i went to 3 metal yards and 2 machine shops. i was unable to find anything that matches and the machine shops said the wall was to thin to turn on a lathe. so as a last resort i turned to Josef at Vario USA and i had no luck there. he says that he had no spares and that he had nothing i could use. so now i turn to my trusted coligues on the forum. im asking that if by any chance someone has some aluminum tube that fits the description below, i will be more than happy to buy it from them. or if maybe someone know were i can get some metric aluminum hallow stock online that would help as well. any help will be greatly appriciated and i thank you in advance.

the dimensions are

ID = 8.20mm to 8.25mm

OD = 9.80mm to 9.85mm

length 150mm minimum

Thank YOU!!
Robert Vera
Miami, FL