Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Recent events, need some input please!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Recent events, need some input please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent events, need some input please!

Hey guys, should have put this up sooner here but forgot about this forum. Id like some input from you guys of what might have happened to me to cause three of my birds to go down mid air the other week.
it was 40-50 degrees each day, and all happened around the same time, same field, and they all landed withith 7 feet of one another.

the other week, i went up to the field to test out my 250 on sunday, first flight after getting it to where i wasnt worried about it attacking me. 4 minutes into the flight, i came in for a landing, was hovering about 15 ft in the air, and it went CRAZY. the motor started sputting breifly, the aileron went full right, collective started bouncing, and once tilted 90 degrees, it shut itself off and fell down. No damage accept a chipped flybar paddle and bent canopy spacer. didnt check to see if the receiver light was flashing or not, should have!
the next day, monday, I was testing my aeolus, trying to tweak the tail. my buddy came up and wanted to see how much power an electric has, so I decided to fly the 600E Pro. 27 second into its ninth flight, it boom struck. the wierd thing is that i had gone into a hover. no input was being made, just setting it their, and boom. it destroyed itself, barely anything left! but it had ALL of its gears. a boom strike should have ripped the main gears apart at least... so the motor shut off amungst all of this. that was its 8th time going in in less than 100flights, so I just said screw it, its cursed. didn't think anything of that either, the BEC wires ripped out of the bec so i couldn't look for a flashing receiver light even if i had though of that.
then, that thursday, I was flying my Aeolus 50, love that thing to death. I was getting so comfortable with it, best thing I ever bought, and then it exploded. I transitioned into a hover from doing tic tocs, getting ready to land, it boom struck just like the 600E Pro did except about ten feet infront of me. luckily im fine. the gears were all intact as well, telling me the motor shut off prior to boom strike. the canopy ripped the Align 2-in-1 unit wires so i again couldn't tell if the receiver was flashing or not, nor did i think of it.

The gears being intact leads me to think that the TX/RX's did something to tell the heli to bind the swash(overide the EPA) and cut the throttle. sent my DX8 and all three receivers off to HH and they sent it back saying they found nothing wront with it. They did however replace my gimbals and recalibrated the TX. Then, last sunday, I went and did some ground checks using the 600E Pro's old receiver on the Fusion 50 that replaced it with. When doing the range check, moving the antena on the TXwould make the RX light flicker. that wasn't settling enough to fly the heli so i called horizon and they said there's something wrong that they didn't catch, they sent me a paid shipping label to send it back. I think it was a radio malfunction of some sort... what do you guys think? I can't afford for it to happen again, I lost 2 grand of helis in one week. the Fusion was chaper to buy that it was to fix the 600E Pro, and the aeolus I had 300$ of the parts needed already here, only cost me another 500$.

thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Jorge Obama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recent events, need some input please!

oh,sounds wonderful