Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Raptor 30 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 12:22 AM
wct097

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 Setup

I've had a raptor 30 for about a year now. I've never finished getting it ready to fly. Now that I have some time.... I want to get it in the air.

I've got a Futaba 6XAS, which I'm told has the same capabilities as the 6XHS. I've got 4 S148 Servos. I had a gyro and a 5th S148, but the gyro was bad and burned up the tail servo. I'm trying to purchase a FP-G154 gyro to start with. I'm not try'n to spend a ton on my gyro and servos yet, but I need to get a new tail servo. Is there any difference between S148, S3001, and S3003 servos? Which one should I purchase for my tail servo?

edit: I just took the controller apart and modified the ratcheting mechinism to make it smooth rather than notched.

Now, before I'm told to buy a GY401 & servo combo..... remember, I'm trying to get this thing in the air..... it's been a year, and I really don't want to wait that much longer to get it going.

Secondly, can anyone point me to a good how-to for making sure the control throws are correct?

Thanks!
-Will
Old 01-07-2003, 10:56 AM
vort3x
My Feedback: (68)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 Setup

Hi Will

There is not much difference in performance between the 148, 3001 and 3003, other than the 3001 has a ball bearing supported output shaft.

The 154 works ok. I have used many mechanical gyros, but for some reason always had difficulty getting them to work well in the Raptor.

For setup help, check out my Raptor 30 review and my Raptor 50 review here on RCAirport.