Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please help with an investigation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Please help with an investigation

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
mufon fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with an investigation

I am an investigator with MUFON. We investigate UFO sightings. i have a video from a witnesss of an object i believe to be a RCaircraft. The object appears to be 100 yards from the camera and flys back and forth a small area also making an occasional oval pattern. there is no sound of a power source but there is a loud continuous beeping sound. the sound is much likethe safety alert of a commercial truck in reverse. the lights appear to be LED's and are bright blue and red that go on and off. the video is not good quality so thats about all the info I have. Whatever it is it isn't a toy like you might fly inside your home but a larger model.

Can any of you help identify this type RC copter. a manufacturer and model would be perfect. I know nothing about your sport so parden any dumb statement.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2013, 04:37 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Please help with an investigation

welcome to the forum

I think it would help, if you could post the video. it's kinda hard to guess what something is without seeing it
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
mufon fi

The video cant be posted and isn't on youtube. I was hoping the beeping would be unique to one model.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Solman

No clue on the beeping sound. As he said, post a video and great things may happen. You can download it on to photobucket if you don't want it on a main stream web site.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 AM
mufon fi

The video cant be downloaded because the witness wants to remain anonymous therefore the video can't be made public.
Is it possiblethe beepingwas their "lost model alarm" configured with amanual switch on the controls. I saw that someone had done that on a you tube video.
Does that sound feasible ?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Solman

Sounds like he isn't too serious about getting to the truth then. Transmitters with a timer can make a countdown sound or maybe a low battery alarm.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beeping can be anything. But our aircraft, be it fixed wing or rotory; fuel powered or electric, you are going to hear the sound of the rotor or propellers (motors or engines) more than the beeping. That is until the aircraft crashes or lands and all moving parts stop, then you will hear the lost model alarm.

Never dealt with a lost model alarm, so I am assuming on how loud they are.

Rafael
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

More probable it's a charger or something in the back ground beeping. You ask if it's feasible without giving us 1% of the needed information to make an educated guess. So yeah I guess anything is feasible. Or it could be martians...
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM
acejinx

Obviously it was a UFO stuck in reverse!