Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Help Burnd Hitch Servo

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 PM
Francis L M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help Burnd Hitch Servo

Hi all
I desperately need your help on this one.

I have been flying helicopters for the past 20 years, and i have crushed my helicopter twice with the same problem the servo just burned, this has never happened to me before

I have the same servo and gyro on my other helicopter and it's working fine.

This is my setup on the first helicopter
Hirobo Sceadue 50
Gyro = Spartan Quark
Rudder Servo = Hitch HS-8330SH
Aileron = HS5665M
Elevator = HS5665M
Pitch = HS5685M
Throttle = Hitch HS5565MH
Receiver = FrSky V8FR-II
I am running all servos at 7.4v 2S 4000map Lipo.

On the Sceadue 50 the servo is still flying and doing quite well at the moment.

Second Helicopter setup
Hirobo SDX 50
Gyro = Spartan Quark
Rudder Servo = Hitch HS-8330SH
Aileron = HS5565M
Elevator = HS5565M
Pitch = HS5565M
Throttle = Hitch HS5565MH
Receiver = FrSky V8FR-II
I am running all servos at 7.4v 2S 4000map Lipo.

On the SDX wiles on the first hover checking the mechanics for the first time all went well, but just about to turn right and the tail just spanned out of control, with out any prior notice or glitch.
I noticed that the rudder servo was quite hot, after checking it out the rudder servo was just burned out, and destroyed my helicopter.
I sent the servo back as it was still in guarantee and they just simply changed the servo, great but i have a broken down helicopter.
Fixed the Helicopter and placed the new replacement rudder servo back on the helicopter thinking it was an issue with the servo, apparently not.
I did one hover flight to checkout the mechanics all fine, started again did a small transition flight and i noticed she did like a tail twitch and here we go again started spin out of control could not save the model down to ground again.

So here we go again helicopter destroyed twice.
I am quite worried as i have mentioned i have the same in stall on the sceadue so i cannot trust it now.
Any help is welcomed.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:20 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't fly helicopters and there is very limited helicopter flying at my field. I know this will not help you but Hitec servos have a nasty habit of failing catastrophically every now and then. The other types of servos just die slowly. They may have a quality control problem at their assembly plants. Sorry about those crashes. Dan.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 AM
The Saylors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always use savox anymore, hitech are very good, usually, but in a flying application i can see the sudden failure issue being a nightmare. The giant power draws do suck with the savox and the occasional setup issues but a little bit of control on the way down is better than none, that way you can "fall with style" lol. I know this doesn't help much but it may be worth a thought when buying the replacements.

References: (Buzz Lightyear)