Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Coming back from ~10years break

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Coming back from ~10years break

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:00 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming back from ~10years break

Hello,

first I would like to say that it's been quite some time since last time I got to play with an rc helicopter.
I used to post at this forum extensively, but I have gave up this hobby in order to pursue my career and I gave up on my way into post-secondary. Now, I am a graduate student, and I have had somewhat of a prematurely ended military career due to injuries and kind of curious about this hobby once again. My time and budget is limited to ~10 mins/day and $200Cdn. I do remember Walkera 4#3 fitting the bill perfectly before its brushed motor died out on me 10 years ago.

In the beginning, I used E-SKY Belt-CP. It was an excellent cost efficient helicopter, except it may have been a bad choice for beginning, because I ended up learning most of the flying and repairs on ESKY Honey Bee King V2. Later on I was able to build from scratch, fly, repair TREX 450 SE V1 and V2. i was using a Futaba 6 channel Tx with respective Futaba rx and excellent GY401 gyro. Last helicopter I do recall flying is Walkera 4#3. It was not the 4#3b, it had plastic parts and brushed motors. I crashed it a few times lightly, my dog took it out of the air a few times, and it survived everything.

When I was leaving for University, I gave everything I had to a friend who was into rc-helicopter. Now that I look back, he no longer does this and I am hoping to find a better version of Walkera 4#3.

Basically I am looking to satisfy the following:
1. Fixed Pitch, 4 Channel
2. 2.4 Ghz
3. Brushless Motor(s)
4. palm-sized(I used to take off from my hand and land on my hand with 4#3).

I am finding that ESKY is no longer as popular, and flybarless system and drones dominate over the flybar helicopters that I am used to. I am also finding that everything has gotten cheaper.

Would anyone be able to point to Walkera 4#3b RTF or the modern equivalent please?