Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Plans for building a Piezo Gyro?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Plans for building a Piezo Gyro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 02:07 PM
jbrazington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for building a Piezo Gyro?

Is anyone aware of any plans or information for building a homemade gyro, preferably piezo?

Thanks
jbrazington
Mail
Old 01-24-2003, 04:18 PM
00hex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for building a Piezo Gyro?

If you want to save money... trust me. Just buy one.

You will need to start with something like the Tokin CG-16 (good luck finding a place to buy one unless you want a few thousand). This puts out a signal proportional to the rate of rotation around an axis. It costs about $30 I think. Then you will need a $10 microcontroller which requires a $30 programmer. And a circuit board - if you make it yourself it will cost about $20 for your first one; $30-$40 MINIMUM if you get one done professionally. Then you'll have some soldering and programming to do. Plus all of the helicopter's spinning metal parts generate a ton of vibration and electromagnetic noise that will really mess with everything.

$100 or whatever for a gyro is a VERY GOOD DEAL.