Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

*New Simulator*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 10:33 PM
Abram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *New Simulator*

Hi, i recently found a new simulator called pre-flight, it said on their homepage that it used to sell for over 200 dollars, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it realisticly resembles a real rc helicopter. Thanks. (it uses keyboard/joystick or interface with any TX)

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/atv/preflight001.htm
Old 04-30-2002, 02:14 AM
wjkillay

Default Pre-flight

I have downloaded it and I can't seem to get it to work with my Rx. I am on XP using a USB cable that I bought to use with FMS, so far I can't get it to work with this cable yet. The cable and Rx work great with FMS, but not with Pre-flight yet. Pre-flight looks pretty good so far, but I really would like to fly it with my Rx.

Anybody out there know how to get it to work with my Rx using the USB cable?
Old 04-30-2002, 01:59 PM
aashu
My Feedback: (6)

Default It needs iface

It needs its own interface.. checkout the page above
Old 04-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Abram

Default *New Simulator*

I don't think it will work with a USB cable, they have a email address for support issues if you wish to email them.

[email protected]
Old 04-30-2002, 02:26 PM
wjkillay

Default USB

I have sent an email to their support and am waiting to hear back. I can't use the serial stuff with XP, the USB stuff works great for FMS, which is also free, I just don't know which is better and will teach me to fly my RC heli the best. I mean I have already figured out how to do an inverted hover with FMS, but have never flown the real thing, I guess I just wish I knew how accurate my FMS self training has/is being.

Has anybody else used FMS, do you know how well it does for training? When did you know you where ready? I have a hula hop training gear built and will probably try flying it with that later this week, but just kind of hesitant right now...
Old 04-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Abram

Default *New Simulator*

I've noticed it's much more harder to fly inverted, and stay in one spot.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:43 PM
wjkillay

Default hard on which

the real thing, or the sim? If I can do it in the sim, sould I be ready to at least to straight up hover on the real, forget the inverted stuff for a good while, just good old regular hover?
Old 05-01-2002, 12:45 AM
Abram

Default *New Simulator*

i know it drifts in real life, as in the simulator, could someone else give an opinion about this simulator?