Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

which engine besides OS (webra??)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

which engine besides OS (webra??)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 02:45 AM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which engine besides OS (webra??)

Is the Thunder Tiger.39 that much stronger than the OS.
has anyone tried the Irvine .39 or the Webra heli engine?
I'm wondering if there is a stronger engine in the .30 size class.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:06 AM
turn and burn

Default RE: which engine besides OS for Raptor

hi i have a os and irvine and do not notice any different .at the level i am at just flying about and loops but trying out a tt engine in my new jr venture what i am putting together the other engines are both in mark2 raptors with the same set up.the only thing is the irvine is cheeper than the os in the uk.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:53 PM
bugsiegel

anyone out there compair an os vs the thunder tiger.39
Old 01-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

i started with the TT39, it was OK once i got the carb modified, but it really is not a great engine IMO. I haven't flown the OS 32, but the power and quality of the OS 50 SHX is outstanding, so i would be inclined to recomend the OS or the Irvine.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Charlie

I know a guy that has a TT39 and he said it was a great motor, it has more power then the OS32. I have the OS32 and I can tell you one thing, it is a very reliable motor. I have never had a problem with mine. In my opinion it should have a little more power. If you are a beginner, the OS32 would be a good motor for you (very dependable). If I was going to buy a new motor for my 30, I would go with the TT39 (but that's just me). I have read some good things about it, plus I would like to have a little more power.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:30 PM
bugsiegel

someone must be flying a webra .35 heli engine.........
Old 01-07-2004, 04:25 AM
ausheli

I'm not 100% sure if they make a 30 size, but i'm pretty sure they do, Western UK make some pretty awesome heli engines, we've just finished running in and testing a 50 size version and the amount of power FAR exceeds that of the OS and TT
Old 01-07-2004, 05:11 AM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

The OS 32 is nowhere near the TT39 in terms of power. The TT is a bit finickier but once it's settled in I wouldn't trade it for an OS for anything. I have ran both in my Hawk Sport and my Caliber 30. The TT wins hands down. Can't comment on Webra or Irvine as I have never ran one in a heli.
basmntdweller
Old 01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a raptor with the TT and one with the OS. They were very comperable. The TT was just as reliable, had virtually the same power. There was not a noticeable difference. I run TT in my 60 and my boss runs OS. Same situation there. In flight, you can't really tell the diff. They run identical. I like the TT engines. Wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Webra engines are great engines, but a real bugger to break in. Once broken in, they are one of the best engines you can fly.

I have used irvine off and on for 20 years. They have always been a cheaper engine, but run good, run strong and are reliable. My friend has a brand new one and it is very impressive. I may try a couple of them on my twin that I am building. They are great running engines. We will see how his lasts. The old ones got tired faster than some, but we ran them with high nitro.