Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

beginner

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 11:59 PM
satch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner

looking to purchase a dragonfly or humming bird. Im new to this hobby. any suggestions and where to buy. and also i here these are very hard to fly. I have rc airplane experience is that helpful
Old 02-23-2004, 10:49 PM
ChopperMike

Default RE: beginner

They are harder to fly than fixed wing and harder to fly than larger glow powered heli's. I have the Hummingbird and it's a very good flyer. The easiest setup would be with the Hummingboard (ESC/tail mixer board), but separate ESC's, gyro and rx is not all that hard to set up. They seem to be pretty tough and parts are inexpensive.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:44 AM
satch

where would i purchase that setup for the hummingbird,or do you think i should start out with a nitro like the century hawk. thanks
Old 02-24-2004, 07:27 PM
ChopperMike

There's no doubt that a nitro heli like the Hawk Sport will take you farther. Able to fly in stronger wind, more aerobatics, etc. It depends on what you want out of it. I have both actually, a Hawk Sport and a Hummingbird.

Century's site has the HB and the Hawk as well as package deals for both.

Mike
Old 02-24-2004, 08:21 PM
satch

hey mike, what do you think of the dragonfly package at www.microrcs.com and also i have a jr622 radio i purchased in 2001 for my planes and possibly future helis. do you think this radio is suitable for the century hawk