Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

TJP Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 04:51 PM
geoff_nwt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TJP Help please

I’ve just installed a throttle jockey pro in my sceadu (radio field force 9)
Last week it was working great, the only thing is, up until last week I had not flown the Heli’ for 4 months and it was running rich on the bottom end,

So I leaned out the bottom end a touch and that raised the idle RPM so therefore my throttle cut would not work,
so I then lengthened the throttle linkage to lower the RPM so my throttle cut switch would work and altered the end point to suit.
The ‘top’ end point has gone up to 124% this has raised the governor rate values too

‘Normal mode which is disabled at 75%’

And idle up 1 (head speed 1800rpm) was set at ‘78%’ has now risen to ‘97%’ is this ok?

Or do I need to install a larger servo horn on my throttle to lower the end points near 100%

Any help much appreciated
Old 04-09-2004, 06:40 PM
elmote

Default RE: TJP Help please

Did you reprogram the TJ? After making any drastic changes in endpts, linkages, or curves, you need to start over on the programing steps of the TJ as you have altered the parameters on which it's data is based.

Elmo Te
Old 04-12-2004, 05:51 PM
geoff_nwt

Default RE: TJP Help please

Elmo Te
Thanks for the reply

the instructions say set the throttle end points to as close to 100% as poss
but I think I need a longer servo horn to get more movement that will bring the endpoint down
and also the gov rates hopefully
ps I did recalibrate
Geoff