Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
ordered my venture today!!!!! >

ordered my venture today!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

ordered my venture today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered my venture today!!!!!

if all goes well, (and i can find my hiding walet) ill have it in the air in a week or two.

now, can some one tell me what the biggest battery pack that i can fit in this heli is? i have a friend that can hook me up with some 2400's to build a rx pack for those extra long nice days

but will that fit?
Old 06-25-2002, 02:17 AM
My Feedback: (36)

If you use the tray made for the battery a 1400 nicad or a 2700 nimh is the biggest. You can set it on top of the tray and the receiver on top of the battery. Then you could use 2400's
Old 06-25-2002, 02:36 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Congradulations on your purchase, I know the feeling very well, right now I have my 1st 60 on order. I'm flying the Venture right now, and if your going to use the OS32SXH I would consider trying to keep this bird as light as possible, like RHD said the 2400mah pack will definetly fit on the upper tray, but this heli is already kinda underpowered with the 32, and the extra weight will make it more sluggish, preventing you from really progressing with some manuevers IMO. I put a 1400mah pack in mine, and it last for quite awhile, long enough for me, and if I need more I have a field charger. Good luck, and enjoy that birdie!!! Daz...
Old 06-25-2002, 02:41 AM

ya maybe a bit overkill. . .

need to save for that feild charger, all, i have right now to use is a little 600mah 4 cell pack
Old 06-25-2002, 02:50 AM

ifly, I again, wouldnt use a 600mah pack either in this bird, since you will be operating 5 servo's and the Gyro, that can be quite draining on a 600mah. I would recommend a 1100mah minimum for your Venture.
You might wanna check some sites for some really good deals on individual cells, and have your buddy make one up for you, but probably by the time you pay shipping it will probably cost the same as goning to your LHS. Daz...
Old 06-25-2002, 02:56 AM

well that would be only for a short time anyway

the thing is that the lhs is high way robbery! they must mark up 50% !!

i have a good week, then probly another waiting for my gyro(gy401/digy) to get the rest of my stuff together
Old 06-25-2002, 03:02 AM

Default one more quesion

is that battery pack(1400) flat or square?
Old 06-25-2002, 09:45 AM

Its a flat pack. Daz...
Old 06-25-2002, 12:05 PM

ifly, Most people are using flat packs for the reciever pack... You might try Dave Thacker at www.radicalrc.com for your battery needs... He's in Dayton, OH and is a good guy to deal with... A battery "guru" if you will...

On a side note, has anyone tried to put a .50 in a Venture???
Old 06-25-2002, 01:56 PM

Default that was where i was going to buy!

thats the first place i looked for a pack will be ordering that very soon
Old 06-25-2002, 02:26 PM

twguns, here is a link to a guy that put a 50 in a Venture!! Daz...
http://runryder.com/gallery/00077/?script=Venture50.txt
Old 06-26-2002, 03:56 PM

well i have pretty much desided to go with the 2150 nimh 4 cell pack, its(i hope) around the same weight and more capacity with out the weight being overly what is needed for good proformance

i kinda like the 50 in the venture . . . and i dont even have my birdy yet!

maybe in a year ill do a conversion (my walet is still recovering from the shock)
Old 06-26-2002, 06:26 PM

Ifly, Maybe by the time you want to upgrade your Venture, Jr will come out with a conversion kit. Daz...
Old 06-29-2002, 03:00 AM

darn stuck ups at the lhs!

so i goes in there to get some of the littel things im going to need to get the heli up and runnin and i start telling (as far as i know) the only heli guy in there that i have a venture coming. so hes all like well, why didn't you buy it here, and i wanted to get around the tax so i go it all from heliproz and i ask him if he will take a look over the heli once i get it all ready

so hes like i'd charge you a $100 to look at it, cause you didn't buy it here at this point i thought he was just kinda joking

so as i was about to leave i said to him, you were just joking about the $100 just to look it over right? and hes like no, since you didnt buy it here ill charge you $100 to look at it

well, i guess he's not going to look at it then

what ever happened to people that wanted to help just for the fun of the hobby? seems money is the only thing thet're worried about
Old 06-29-2002, 03:08 AM

They're in the business of making money, and internet catalog houses are their worst enemy. Hobby shops all over get pissed off when you buy off the net, and then come in to their facility for service, they only make the money on parts, and pieces at that point. I would highly recommend not going back to that hobby shop for service, but rather just keep stopping by buying parts and maybe he will warm back up to you. Sometimes it's a good idea to stop in before ordering, and give them an opportunity to quote you a price, before going elsewhere. You would be suprised, sometimes they can match or beat the price, even with taxes. Daz...