Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Whats the dope on the Hirobo scedeau >

Whats the dope on the Hirobo scedeau

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Whats the dope on the Hirobo scedeau

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the dope on the Hirobo scedeau

I just put a Hirobo Scedeau together and it looks
pretty good . She will fly tonight! Just curiuos about the hub-bub on this machine. No real problems with construction excep[ drawings are a little hard to read! This is supposed to be the
"cats meow" in 50 size machines! Let me know what your take is!

Dick Mitz
Old 06-28-2002, 07:16 PM

Love it! Make sure that (1) you have not used the brass eyelets in the grommets for the collective servo, (2) you are using the metal plates to hold the collective servo down, and (3) you sinch the screws for the collective servo down really tight. This will eliminate the woof and poof some people have reported with this machine. Presumably, if it's a new .50 kit, you already have the 3rd bearing block and the DTDS or black main gear. Finally, you might want to chuck the canopy posts in a drill and take down the diameter of the nubs at the ends of the posts. Mine are reduced to the diameter of the post. This will prevent the rubber grommets for the canopy from pulling loose when taking the canopy on and off.

Rock-n-roll baby, it's a great machine.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:26 PM

Default Great tips, thank you

Thanks for the tips- Ihave used silicone lube in spray form on those posts and that works well too!
The other problem is where do you grab the cabin to pull it off up front? This seems to be a real problem. One of Altechs reps told me to not use the hold pins. The machine flys flawlessly, but unfortunately, the OS 50 blew up on the second flight, gladly once the ship was on the ground. Turns out there has been reports of shrapnal in the Os 50 cases causing rapid destruction of the main bearings. Needless to say ,I got a new engine and the Hatori muffler this morn. Boy is it quiet now. My neighbors will give me a kiss

Dick
Old 06-29-2002, 04:32 PM

I lubed them at first too. My guess is that after you put some hours on it, you'll be inclined to break out your drill. Taking the canopy off the front posts also gets a lot easier if you do this. My method is to reach in from the back with my fingers and pull while holding the heli down by the head with my free hand. Takes some getting used to though. There's definately a technique to it. Like I said the reduced posts really makes it a lot easier.