Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

did I get shafted? please advice!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

did I get shafted? please advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 03:39 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did I get shafted? please advice!

Ok, I jus recently purchased my first heli, used but still new to me.. I thought I was getting a Hirobo Shuttle Sceadu 30, with an OS 32, but as I look over the heli, and do more searching on the web, I think I've come to realize its actually an older Shuttle of some kind... The motor actually says Hirobo on it. The gas tank is mounted up front along with white rear blades on the tail rotor. the Boom is also white instead of black as I'm seeing on the Sceadu 30. Also, the servo on the Gyro seems to take a while to respond when I hit all switches to on, after about 5 seconds the servo for the gyro works perfectly. I got the setup ATF for 300$, thats everything but the radio / reciever. The Gyro in it is CSM 360. I'm gonna try to include a few pictures for reference here soon. I'm jus starting to notice more and more differences.

I got the Heli, a spare heli skeleton (nothing on it), all the starting equipment needed + fuel, gyro, servos, everything except the radio and RX like i said for 300$.... Should I not say anything to the seller (who I happen to work with) and be happy i got away that cheap or should I say something?

This is my first heli and I did plan on learnin on this, if it isnt a sceadu, is even jus the shuttle something fine to learn on, then if I do enjoy flying upgrade to a 50 or 60 later?
Old 05-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Charlie

Default RE: did I get shafted? please advice!

the servo on the Gyro seems to take a while to respond when I hit all switches to on, after about 5 seconds the servo for the gyro works perfectly.
After you turn your receiver on, you have to wait a couple of seconds for the gyro to set itself (don't touch anything on your radio or heli until it is set).
Old 05-13-2004, 04:18 AM
caseyddr

pictures!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90771.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	131885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22126.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	131886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14462.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	131887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey71412.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	131888  
Old 05-13-2004, 04:18 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Charlie

the servo on the Gyro seems to take a while to respond when I hit all switches to on, after about 5 seconds the servo for the gyro works perfectly.
After you turn your receiver on, you have to wait a couple of seconds for the gyro to set itself (don't touch anything on your radio or heli until it is set).
thank you, that is a big worry off my back!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:54 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Boom and blade colors are pretty well meaningless. One boom strike (very easy to do... [&:]) and the guy would have had to replace them. You can get just about any color blades (main and tail) you want. The boom itself is just an aluminum tube... painted with some notches cut in it. If you can get hold of the correct aluminum tube, you can cut one out in about 20-30 min at home... paint, decorate... have it look any way you want.

Overall appearance from the pictures is good... if it actually works with just the addition of RX and TX.... not a bad deal at $300.

Not a huge bargain maybe... depends on what upgrades he did. I see the CF tailboom mount for the tailrotor servo... thats a good upgrade. If he bothered to do that one... he did others.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:32 AM
raptor_dude

I hate to tell you[:@] but that is not a sceadu. That's an older shuttle as you suspected. I think it would be best to return the heli to the seller and just get your money back, that way you could get a sceadu....they are an inexpensive heli.

Colin
Old 05-13-2004, 08:14 AM
DarkStaR6

Welcome to the 'Got screwed on my first heli club!' [>:]
Old 05-13-2004, 09:34 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a ZXX then it is not a cheap heli. If it is a Z then it may be. Looks like it has some upgrades on it too. If you have got all the gear for $300 then I don't think that you have necessarily been screwed. The muffler looks like a Thunder Tiger item and the CSM gyro should be OK. I gues that would be a fair price. Especially if it is an OS32 Heli engine.

I paid £120 for a shuttle ZXX with Irivine 36 engine (about $200) with no servos or starting gear. In the UK that was a bargain. You need to do some more research to find out exactly what model it is (I agree it's not a Sceadu).

What servos does it have?
Old 05-13-2004, 04:07 PM
caseyddr

I thought the same thing about the muffler. The engine ISNT a OS32, it actually says hirobo on it. The servos are just standard hitec 425's, but the servo for the Gyro is a Futaba 9253. Today I will see all the starting equipment, but if anything I'm jus going to ask for 50$ back. Sounds fair to me.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:00 AM
cootertwo

Hummmm, all I can say is this: If you don't know anything about helicopters, and you buy a USED one as your first heli, take some vasaline with you, as it won't be so painfull! I'm also a member of that club. Now have a NEW Raptor 30V2, AFTER spending a ton trying to get my first USED POS flying.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:11 AM
caseyddr

Well after talking to the owner of my work, I am totally confident in the heli. A guy named Dave (best pilot in the area and one of the owners personal friends) set up the whole heli, and its only been hovered once after that, and the motor IS a Brand New OS 32, the gyro servo is also a 140$ servo, along with about 225$ worth of new stuff (as the packaging was in the rest of the equipment given to me) was put on the heli. So as for getting shafted, I don't think so as much now. Once I learn how to hover better though, I'm going to purchase a Caliber 30 for something new, and it'll be alot cheaper since I already have the motor and everything else