Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Raptor question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor question

just wondering...

Lately when i am hovering my raptor will gain rpm's and drop them with out any input from the sticks. Im running the os.32. Actully it sounds like its gaining and loosing head speed, is this a problem with the clutch? the bird will climb and drop 10 feet or so all on its own.

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:37 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Raptor question

Sounds to me like the engine is leaning out. But I could be wrong. How long has it been since you changed the fuel lines? And what type of fuel are you running? Anything been changed on the bird recently? Where is your high end neelde set at?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:08 PM
My Feedback: (117)

Default Raptor question

Run cyclic to thro mix it will keep that head speed more constant when you input and cyclic command.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:14 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Raptor question

Originally posted by Furyflyer2
Run cyclic to thro mix it will keep that head speed more constant when you input and cyclic command.
that sure is right, but will certainly not help solve this problem...
it really sounds like a engine problem, check the glowplug etc... and have a look at the clutch. any problems with full power climb outs ?
Old 07-10-2002, 03:09 AM

Default Raptor question

I normaly run cool power 15%, but recently tried some cp 30%, i changed the plug, which is an os # 8. I haven't changed the fuel lines, i have about three gallons of fuel through it. I flew it again tonight and I think the clutch is making some noise, Im afraid its the famous wah wah. Also I measured the engine temp, its running around 185 F. I think this is too cool so ill try leaning it out a bit.

Oh yeah as far as full power climb outs go, it does seem to have a reduction in power. Just kind of weird because everything was fine yesterday. Anyone think the change in fuel could be the cause?

Thaks for the help!!!!! I'll try all the posted suggestions and let you know what works.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:18 AM

Default Raptor question

Originally posted by flmgrip

that sure is right, but will certainly not help solve this problem...
it really sounds like a engine problem, check the glowplug etc... and have a look at the clutch. any problems with full power climb outs ?

OOPS..... sounds like a clutch problem
Old 07-10-2002, 03:19 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default May be

I am not too educated in Helis but I am wondering once the clutch is engaged with the bell would it partially disengage while engine running at same RPM ? Or it just slips and looses grip

Do you have all the linkages and arms tight with almost no slop ? (I know rappy is sloppy by nature..hehe , this is in context with those screws going thru bearings ..)
Old 07-10-2002, 03:40 PM

Default Re: May be

Originally posted by aashu
I am not too educated in Helis but I am wondering once the clutch is engaged with the bell would it partially disengage while engine running at same RPM ? Or it just slips and looses grip

Do you have all the linkages and arms tight with almost no slop ? (I know rappy is sloppy by nature..hehe , this is in context with those screws going thru bearings ..)
It would slip not disengaged.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default Make sense