Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 03:44 PM
Atious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

There's a guy over at the Runryder forum that flies the vario you mention. His handle is Dr.Tim. He could help you on that one.
Old 12-05-2001, 05:40 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vario Benzin Machines

I like the four servo setup, it seems to be more precise and is in actually easier to set-up. Down-side is you need another quality servo...

CCPM is by all standards the current hot set-up IMHO...
Old 01-12-2002, 08:10 AM
Moore-VARIO

Default .

3 servo CCPM is easier to set up, and has virtually no chance of the swashplate binding in extreme manouvers. 4 servo CCPM requires more persise set up and works well for scale flying but has a chance of binding up under extreme 3d manouvers.

For pod and boom and sport scale fuselages the 90* 3 servo set up is all we fly. For scale fuselages that cost more money and have hours of building time invested in them the 4 servo set up is highly recomended.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:50 PM
itsbent

Default 3 or 4?

I agree with Moore-Vario. Think of a 3 legged VS a 4 legged stool. A 3 leg stool will always have all legs touching the ground no matter what. On a 4 leg stool, every leg better be exatly the same. No margin for error. Binding is real possibility with a 90* 4 sevo set-up. I read where James Wang started with a 4 sevo set-up in his X-treme but soon switched to a 3 srvo set-up. I use the 120* 3 servo set up in mine too. At least with Vario, you can switch between 120* and 90* set-ups and try them both.