Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Electric Heli. ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 03:05 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Heli. ???

Does anybody have an electric heli that they really like.? I am looking for quality and good performance, and something I can easily get parts for here in the USA.

Looking for suggestions here, Thanks
Old 08-04-2002, 03:42 PM
twguns

Well the keyword here is "easy to get parts"... So far that has been no problem, but who knows the future...

That said, I think that the top "E" helis now are the Logos (10 & 20) from Mikado available in the US at www.rc-direct.com and the Joker from Minicopter available in the US from www.fxaeromodels.com...

I have the Joker... I will say that it is the finest, most precise, best flying helicopter that I have ever had or flown in the 27 years I have been playing with rc helicopters... It is in a word, awesome...

The Joker is a "60" size heli and uses 680 - 710mm blades and 30 - 32 cells... The CX version (what I have) is all carbon fiber and CNC aluminum, excepting the fasteners and shafts...

The Logos are fine machines, and I know several people that have them and like them very well... They are mostly an electric version of standard glo type mechanics...

The big difference in the Joker is probably the "MFS" (moving flybar system) control system... It takes most, if not all of the slop out of the control system and is extremely linear which is something you loose with the washout linkage with our "typical" control systems...

A couple of guys have crashed Jokers so far and have experienced "much less damage than expected"....

Both are very good machines, but the control system as well as the size makes the Joker my choice...
Old 08-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Moore-VARIO

might I sugest the VARIO Silence
Old 08-04-2002, 06:04 PM
rscamp

The Logos are pretty popular and fly well. There are multiple sources for parts. All-in-all, they are probably about as good as it gets when both performance and parts availability are taken into account...

Rob
Old 08-05-2002, 03:48 AM
dragon192

Saw an ECO 8, with a 10 cell pack, fly the other day. Man that thing was nice. Owner, and pilot loves it. And if you are just a plane guy, you do not have to go buy a heli radio. A standard 4 Ch. airplane radio works.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:57 PM
helo36

Default Eco 80

Originally posted by dragon192
Saw an ECO 8, with a 10 cell pack, fly the other day. Man that thing was nice. Owner, and pilot loves it. And if you are just a plane guy, you do not have to go buy a heli radio. A standard 4 Ch. airplane radio works.

I built and flew an echo 8 for a friend....Flies great...but you have to have a radio that will allow for different swashplate settings for better performance....I set it up using swh 4 which in turn mixes all the servos for swashplate...I kept if for a week before I gave it to him..lol...was flying in the back yard...had a ball.

The only downfall is that you need at least 2 battery packs ,for 1 battery pack (3000-10 cells) only lasted about 10 min and took 1 hour to charge...other than that the heli is great...

I may be looking at the ECO 16 for my use (more acrobatic and can carry up to 20 cells on it)

If your interested got to www.ikarus-usa.com

Ken
Old 08-07-2002, 02:12 AM
E-gpeden

Hi Mr. Hivoltage,

I really like my LOGO 10 and LOGO 20. If it is your first electric or your first heli, I recommend the LOGO 10 because 12 cell packs are easier to manage than 20-24 cells.