Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Raptor.... Shark?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:17 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor.... Shark?

Bought this heli from a guy here on RCU... (great guy to deal with by the way!)

Anywho, it was a plain white canopy, and really had no "style"... couldn't have that now could I???

So the mind went whirling around about just what I could do to fix this problem... hhmmmm

I really wanted to make it into a VelociRaptor head, but that is WAAAYYY beyond my limited talents...

So then I got the idea of a P-40. I downloaded some reference photo's for the mouth. Fit it to work within the contours of the canopy and voila! I was going to paint the rest in Olive Drab with panel lines of a P-40, but making it into a shark seemed a better route. So without further ado...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25632.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	198381  
Old 12-01-2004, 05:57 PM
WhtBronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor.... Shark?

You can also check out http://www.rotorgraphics.com they have a neat looking shark decal set. I used the Stars-N-Stripes decal set on my Raptor 50. It was easy to apply and looks good, IMO.