Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Eclipse 7 throttle/pitch curve >

Eclipse 7 throttle/pitch curve

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Eclipse 7 throttle/pitch curve

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 throttle/pitch curve

Has this happened to anyone else? I know I read it somewhere.

Setting up the Eclipse 5 point curve- a basic 0-25-50-75-100%, or whatever you want it to be.
At full gas, 100%, the pitch servo goes nuts and goes back to zero. (depending on how much finger pressure is applied on the stopped stick). At 99% high limit, everything is fine.

Tom
Old 09-03-2002, 12:26 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Yes

This has happened to me also. I'm still using the radio and it works perfectly. I have flown three different Ergos,a Nexus and now fly a JR Venture 30 and JR Voyager 50 with the radio. I talked to Hitec about it around a year or so ago and they said it was a factory defect (I think, it's been a while since I spoke with them) and they would fix it if I sent the radio in. I never did send it in, I just leave the max pitch at 99% and fly with it. As I said I've had no problems with it and before every flight with my planes ( Airtronics computer radio ) and my heli's ( Hitec radio ) I always check all my control movements and throws and have not had any problems.
You can go to www.hitecrcd.com and get their number and give them a call if you want.
Good Luck
Old 09-03-2002, 12:38 AM

How about cyclic throttle mixing? I maxed out my end points on the throttle (125%) and it still over drives the throttle servo.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:58 AM

Have you tried lowering your throttle ATV? Will that keep it from overdriving?
Old 09-03-2002, 12:15 PM

I've tried every thing and it still over drives the throttle servo, at this point I'm thinking its time to switch to Futaba's new 9CHP. I have two Eclipse 7's I guess I could sell both and get one 9CHP.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:29 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Servo movement

Mine only does this if you have a non-standard pitch-curve and non-standard throttle curve programed in. My end points either don't effect it or I've not run into that.
But, what mine does is only the throttle servo is affected. For example if you give it full throttle at about mid stick it puts the throttle servo back to 0, I flew once with it like this (not knowing) and thought I was having some type of crazy engine problem. All I did to fix the problem was set the throttle curve at 99% and I've not had any problems since.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:37 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default V-shape throttle setting problem with Eclipse7

When I set V-shape throttle 95-55-40-55-95 for idle up, throttle arm dones't stay at the same position for the low/high end of 95! I have to adjust throttle ATV and different low/hight point value to make it even. Anybody else experienced this problem?
Old 09-03-2002, 12:49 PM

Funtofly, I've had that problem to, I think Hitec may need to do some re-programming and give us all free upgrades. Not holding my breath while waiting though LOL.