Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

TJ Pro or TJ RevMaxx?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Want2BRealPilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TJ Pro or TJ RevMaxx?

Which one, for my Rap50V2? I have my curves, and engine settings pretty close, to my satisfaction, but would like to further regulate RPM's and help prevent overspeeding. Also, will a standard servo work, OK, with either one?
Thanks, Mike
Old 02-07-2005, 05:09 PM
rjmdubois

Default RE: TJ Pro or TJ RevMaxx?

After doing some research, I got the Revlock for my raptor 50. My decision was based on the following points:

. TJ Pro needs a very fast servo to achieve good results
. TJ RevMax is a half governor, and apparently has some erros on the algoritm implementation. In certain circunstances it allows overspeed. More info on http://runryder.com/helicopter/t140456/
. Revlock is very easy to set up, since the leds let you know the programmed headspeed. Also, becouse of the newer algoritm, it doesn't require a $100 servo.

Richard
Old 02-07-2005, 10:00 PM
rusirius

One note here... The Revlock IS a great governor... IF the engine is tuned great and the revlock is set up correctly... (it does take some work to get it dialed in right)... Once you get it, it's awesome... The Futaba GV-1 is also a consideration... It is much more forgiving in setup, almost to the point of being "plug and play"... It also offers a couple of neat extras, like being able to see the voltage left in the flight pack, etc... It IS however much more expensive... You can't go wrong with either...
Old 02-07-2005, 10:18 PM
raptor_dude

The revmax is a very good unit, it gives more power than a governor due to the fact that it has no lag when adding throttle. A governor has to see a drop in rpm before it adds throttle where the limiter does not so the head speed does not drop off for a second while the governor catches up.

Colin
Old 02-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Want2BRealPilot
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the info. How does the Revlock compare, pricewise to the RevMax, and where can I get one?
Thanks, Mike
Old 03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
rjmdubois

I got the Revlock from UK, 40 pounds. I think in US the MSRP is below US$ 90.