Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

My first autos!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

My first autos!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first autos!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was a great day at the feild for me. I was practicing aproaches, when one of the guys I fly with came over and started talikng me through an auto. He said I was basicly doing it anyway, I just need to become acustomed to the landing. So I started practicing hitting the hold switch from about 2 feet off the ground. He said it would get me use to the landing, which was the part I was afraid of the most. After doing that severall times, he told me to start doing the aproaches again. I was going up to about 100 feet or so, pulling the collective all the way back in normal mode, flairing at the right spot, and landing. He then said when I was comfortable with hitting the switch in the same situation, I was pretty much ready for my first auto. As I was basicly doing it anyway, just with a powered landing. So I did it, and BAM I nailed it almost perfect on the first one. So I figured why not do another. And the second one was even better, I managed to land it nice and soft right dead in front of me. At a safe distance of course, but pretty much text book. Even he was impressed. He told me to remember my second one, because it was about as good as a normal auto could get. I felt like I had a 50 pound rock in my stomach, and my hands were shakeing like a leaf. But I LOVED it. I think I am hooked. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Just thought I would share that with you guys.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Father Sarducci
My Feedback: (1)

Default Way to go!

Ron Lund told me that every landing should be an auto. I have been trying to practice that. It helps. I try to hit the switch at all altitudes. It has saved me twice when the engine quit.

Congratulations.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:20 PM
CrAzYfLyEr-RCU

Default KUDOS!!!!!!

congradulations!!!....i too just started doing auto's....done my first one about 2 weeks ago and have done probably 100 since then...lol...but unfortunately yesterday i had my first auto oops...it started beautiful just like the rest but i flared a little too hard right before touchdown and WHAM!!!.....boomstrike....broke the horizontal fin,dented the boom and ruined my carbon blades ...will check axle head shaft and mainshaft for straightness before ordering replacement parts...might be a good time to replace those fins with the carbon ones huh?...i feel better already...MY FIRST UPGRADES!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!.....LOL