Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

EVO 3d

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:46 PM
varble4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO 3d

I have been looking at some sites for the EVO .50 . I came across an ad for the EVO .50 3d has anyone flown this kit or know who has it available ? Thanks , Ken
Old 05-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EVO 3d

You can get the Hirobo Sceadu EVO through a number of online stores including Heliproz, Zooms, Ricks, etc. It is an awesome heli that is well designed and has great flight characteristics. Mine has an OS 50 Hyper engine and TT blades and flies great. Lots of fun to throw around!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
B.T.D.T.

I got back into heli's after a 12 year break. I got the EVO50 with the OS50 Hyper with a Hatori SAB-5R, Futaba gyro GY401w/9254. It came with Carbon Blades, Free shipping too. It's from Heliproz.

They now have the new muffler Hatori SB50HP Jason Kraus for the OS50 Hyper.

This bird is steady as a rock. I have not tried 3D yet. I've seen other pilots fly this heli and it looks great.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:17 AM
DeadHeart
My Feedback: (2)

This is by far the best flying heli in its class, I have flown allot of them, and owned quite a few too, including the raptor (sorry raptor fans but being more popular doesn't make it fly any better). What makes this heli fly so great from beginner to 3d is that all the upgrades are basically already incorporated into the model. It has a great high strength frame, with the fuel cut off right into the frame, it comes with a great head system that is rock steady in hover and more than capable in 3d and adjustable for both with minimal effort, the head has a button stop built right in, its belt driven but its a reliable belt system, tail system is pretty rock steady with only a decent gyro, has a nice big fuel tank, and depending on the kit you buy, comes with 600mm fiberglass blades, and header tank. I recommend the OS.50 hyper, but most any 50 will do. The kit is a little more money than the rest, but you get more for your money, no need to upgrade. I think the only upgrade you really need for the evo is the gear driven kit, and my feeling is that its only for the "bling-bling factor" than anything else, because unless you are doing extreme 3d you just don't need it. well thats my opinion, please no flaming, and fly every day you can! [8D]
Old 05-22-2005, 07:45 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<...you get more for your money..>>

That about covers it. In many opinions, the Evo is the best bang for your buck in a mid-sized plastic helicopter.

And you don't have to flip-flop around (3D) to enjoy it. As noted above, it is very steady and solid, with good blades, of course. I dunno if they have fixed this on the V2, but I had a Raptor V1 and it was very "nervous" in the hover. At least TT DID fix the canopy; that V1 looked like a tumor on a stick...

You might check into the arrangement Altech has going now; a package deal were you get the machine, an engine, and radio, along with free crash parts for 60 days or so. Also, AlTech has some of the best product support in the industry in the form of Jeff Green.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Georg Matthews
My Feedback: (6)

I couldn't agree with Deadheart more.
The Evo 50 is by far the best flying 50 sized heli in its class.