Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

SECOND NEW HELICOPTER

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:49 PM
TommyAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SECOND NEW HELICOPTER

I want to get a "Better" Helicopter. I bought a electric dragonfly and doing pretty well.
Not happy with the time on the batteries. I don't know if I should go for a better and bigger electric or spend the money and go for the glow fuel model. I don't want to have to up-grade to a different unit after this one, for at least a couple of years. How hard can a fuel heli be? Any help out there?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: SECOND NEW HELICOPTER

After messing with little electrics, I think you'll find a 30-50 sized glow heli much easier to fly... much more stable!

Hardest part about the transition, IMO, will likely be figuring out how to tune the engine, and getting your throttle & pitch curves optimized...

Get a Raptor 50V2, and you'll not have to upgrade for quite awhile...
Old 06-23-2005, 09:56 PM
WhtBronco

Default RE: SECOND NEW HELICOPTER

That's right and with experienced help the engine tuning and curves won't be a big issue. I also have a Raptor 50 V2 and it is a very stable heli. I have upgraded only 2 things thus far and I am well into aerobatics. The main blades are now carbon fiber but the kit came with wood and carbon main blades so that was free and I also replaced the washout hub due to stripped threads in the original plastic unit. The washout hub was a $20 piece, an original replacement was about $10. There's a good chance that washout hub failed due to me over tightening the bolt though, I have a tendency to do that,

After 32 flights I am flying inverted, doing loops, rolls, auto rotations, sad looking tic-tocs and working on funnels. Most of the 50 size helis on the market should take you a long way before you have to upgrade for more performance. In fact truth is you may not ever have to upgrade to get better performance, a lot of the upgrades are little more than appearance.