Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Second copter ??? package unit ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Second copter ??? package unit ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:14 AM
TommyAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second copter ??? package unit ???

Need to know if going with a package unit (everything together) or buying seperate items
is the wat to go. looking at raptor sport package. It seems to have all good parts in it and saves me a lot of shopping around. ttr4839-k21 Raptor 30 v2,hrc158724 Hitec Optic 6,720613 Ikarus Profi Gyro,bms-621mg hs servo and a ttr1263Carrymaster combo. Would this be a good package for me to get started with? Just about ready to order? Anybody see a betterway to go? First nitro--can't wait!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Second copter ??? package unit ???

Try http://www.heliproz.com they have some great deals and fantastic customer service.

If you want to save yourself some aggrivation get an OS engine and a Futaba 401 Gyro with a 9254 tail servo.

A good Futaba radio such as a 9C or 7C would also be an excellent choice.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Bayou Talker
My Feedback: (1)

I'll second that. Heliproz has some great packages at great prices. I would definitely go with the OS engine and Futaba radio gear and gyro. You won't be sorry. Give Heliproz a call and talk to them and listen to their recommendations.

As for the size, have you thought about a 50? The Raptor 50 is more popular and more capable than the 30 heli for just a little more money and Heliproz has several packages to choose from.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Let us know.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:50 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I agree with the two guys above... OS engine, GY401/S9254 gyro/servos, Futaba 7C or 9C, and definitely consider getting the 50 instead of the 30...
Old 06-28-2005, 02:11 PM
WhtBronco

Yeap these guys are right, heliproz.com has great deals, OS engines are nice, and the GY401 gyro/9254 servo combo is fabulous. Futaba radios are good, but you might atleast consider JR radios as well. Both Futaba and JR are great and we all end up with a preferred brand. I just prefer JR, after having several issues with Futaba in years past.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Bayou Talker
My Feedback: (1)

I would say that Whtbronco is right, both Futaba and JR are good radios. I would suggest however, that you check with the local flyers that will help you with your setup and learning to fly and see what radios they are flying. If you purchase the same brand, they will be more able to help you with information and assistance when you need it. Which ever radio you decide on, the Futaba GY401/9254 gyro package is the way to go.

In our club, Futaba is the #1 choice and we all have great success with their products.