Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Newbie sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 09:38 AM
Moore-VARIO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie sponsor

We have decided to dedicate a portion of this years advertising budget to help sponsor the r/c forums. Moore Scale Model Helicopters is proud to announce that www.********.net is the first r/c forum to gain our support. So stop by and see us at www.RcFlynig.net and check out their unobtrusive banner ads. As soon as r/c universe, runryder, rco, rotory and r/c watch get things rolling we will be sponsoring those sites as well. Click on the link and visit www.********.netAfterwords return here and post your remarks.

Have a great day!
Moore Scale Model Helicopters
VARIO Helicopter - Team USA
www.Moore-VARIO.com
Old 01-06-2002, 10:26 AM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Default Newbie sponsor

I think this post is inappropriate and in poor taste. Why come here to advertise a competing BB? Would you advertise Xcell on your website - I think not - so why do it here? If and when you actually decide to support RCU then perhaps I would feel differently when you got things "rolling".
Old 01-06-2002, 02:31 PM
DavidH

Default Newbie sponsor

I don't see that him coming here to advertise his new BB is any different than from one of the moderators of this forum going on to other BB's Runryder, RCO, Rotary and advertising this BB. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.
David
Old 01-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Brad_S

Default Newbie sponsor

The forum layout over there sure looks "borrowed"!!

Brad Streeter
Old 01-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Hitch-Hiker

Default Newbie sponsor

My head is spinning there are so many boards to keep track of! I only have so many hrs in a day....

I think I'll concentrate mainly here, I like this one!

Jeff
Old 01-06-2002, 08:24 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie sponsor

I will leave the post up as other boards have been kind enough to leave my posts/announcements up. My view is that users will go where they feel the most value is and I myself am working night and day to give that to every user that comes to RC Universe. If another site has value of some kind and a user wishes to utilize them as a resource too that is ok. We also have one of the finest groups of moderators assembled anywhere to help users and keep the site informative.

If a user leaves your site to go elsewhere that is just a vote you are doing something wrong. Everyone here has a direct line of communication with me if they have a suggestion or something is wrong they can let me know so I can address it. This strategy will make the site evolve into exactly what user's want.

What I do not understand is the remark about "get things rolling". Not sure what that is in reference to. We have 1600+ members as I type this and ********.net has 1/4 of that and they have been around quite a bit longer than us. Wasn't sure what was meant here??

Good luck with the venture!
Old 01-07-2002, 03:00 AM
HeliDriver

Default Newbie sponsor

I spend most of my time here on RCUniverse, alot of very knowledgable pilots on this forum.

I had to turn down the brightness on my monitor in ********.

Heli on,
Shannon
Old 01-07-2002, 06:10 AM
squirrel

Default Newbie sponsor

Moore-Vario had is advertisement canceled on Rotary.com since it was posted in the forum.

Fred
Old 01-10-2002, 01:17 PM
RAW_MEAT

Default moore-vario

sheeesh another one bites the dust.I guess these people must like to shoot themselfs in the foot.You would think that theses guys are smart enough to fly ,but for some unknown reason they cant read rulz or abide by them.he had it right when he said NEWBIE
Old 01-12-2002, 03:07 AM
Dr.Tim
My Feedback: (1)

Default Newbie sponsor

I see nothing wrong with the Post. I have been at several of these forums and see nothing different except for the format but, I will not continue to use a forum or give it my support if child like behavior continues! I think spankings are in order for a few members! My Nickel!
Dr. Tim
Old 01-13-2002, 05:42 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm thinking ads..

Originally posted by fitenfyr
Marc,
The one thing everyone else has that we don't would be my guess.

Jason

Jason...Ok, that would make sense....get the ball rolling w/advertising! Makes much more sense in that context.

Dr. Tim...you said you see nothing different except for the format but what about the cute pup under my name? You must admit that is at least a little different

As far as posting on other forums I did it when I got started here in December but found out it really isn't tolerated at many of them and the ones where it is you can get all kinds of comments for posting a question with a link under your name. Accusations of spamming for doing this were commonplace.

As a result I no longer post at or read any of the other forums except for RCO & Ezone on occasion but it seems much of the user base from RCO has been shifting to this site these past few weeks. I will say the users and mods there have been the kindest to me. If I post a question there with or without a link the mods leave it up and the users just answer my questions. The only bad part still is all the technical stuff going on there as you are all aware of.

I will discourage general commercial advertising posts as the rules here outline regarding this issue are posted. I would rather see Moore-Vario here posting replies to help users and keeping his signature and link to his site there in his posts. As he helps users here and builds a reputation the users will see that link and business will come to him. I was given this advice myself as I was pretty new to this whole forum game and am starting to follow it myself.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Butch R

Default Newbie sponsor

Hello all. Marc, you have done wonderful things here. Keep up the good work. I have to agree with Dr. Tim on this one. Forums are place to exchange information and this piece of info regards another forum. I think that the forum which acknowledges that, and is not intimidated by that, is the superior forum. I consider Rotory my home only because I started there and gained a lot of help and made some good friends. I'm sure the same thing will happen here. After all this is a social setting and if there was a new forum I would like to know about it. If you made an attempt to censor that information than I would naturally question your motives. I visit this forum and others 2-3 times a day between duties. The people personaly involved with this forum may not go elsewhere (which I doubt) but the fact remains that no one will ever have a monopoly on information. Keep up the good work here and prove yourselves different from other forums by the free posting of information.

Butch R
Old 01-14-2002, 02:26 AM
Moore-VARIO

Default been biting my tongue since the first reply

If I were to edit my post it would read something like this:

The Administrator of one of the several other r/c related BB that I belong to as a registered member has forwarded me an email from the administrators of this website. I just wanted to thank this BBs administrators for visiting that BBs Members Pages and obtaining my email address as I am glad that you sent me an “invitation to visit” your r/c related website (spam). Now that I have registered as a member here at this BB, I currently have seven or more r/c related BBs that I can frequent for a vast wealth of information. It is great that these types of public forums are here to help share knowledge to the r/c enthusiast. I am currently sponsoring an r/c related BB simply because they are among the first to offer advertising that is not obtrusive to the user of the BB. If this BB offered advertising similar to the one that I currently advertise on, and advertising rates were competitive, I would sponsor this BB as well. I hope that this BB starts to offer advertising in the near future. I would like to post a link to the BB that I currently sponsor so the members here on this BB could see what a great job they have done in designing the advertising, and how unobtrusive it is, however that would probably by considered politically incorrect by the moderators of this BB. I understand that the administrators of some r/c related BBs have a bad taste in their mouths for each other. That is extremely unfortunate. I just wish the Marc, Dave, Mike, Mark, Tom, Dick and Harry’s of the world could get along a little bit better. That way it would be much easier for the hobbyists on the BBs to share information. If this BB figures out how to tackle the advertising dilemma you will most likely see my advertising here too. I wish you all the best. Let’s keep the cat fighting to a minimum; your potential sponsors and future membership depend on it.