Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Lack of tail authority into wind >

Lack of tail authority into wind

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Lack of tail authority into wind

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of tail authority into wind

Dear all, i own a xcell graphite SE with a g5000t with a 2700G super servo. Got the sab tail blades that came with the kit.
Until recently ive only been hovering, big figure of eights and only just now started doing loops. Ive tried a few pirouetting turns during fast passes and was disturbed to find that the tail wouldnt turn into wind and would lock at about 45- 90 degrees in.

Ive checked the mechanics of the tail linkage and there all fine. Im using heading hold, so the amount of rudder stick deflection should cause my yaw rate to happen. I dont believe turning into wind is beyond the capabilities of the machine, so im a bit stuck.

The one thing i can think of is that i was using the 1100 mah JR battery pack. I changed to a 2100mah pack, not a cell type i was familiar with. When i waggle the tx sticks the batery is showing its voltage to be low under load. This first occured on the 1100 pack, hence why i bought a new pack. Im now thinkning that the battery tester is faulty,as it used to work fine- OR there is excess curent draw form a stalled servo meaning that the cell cant supply the voltage to the superservo to turn into wind on fast passes.
Any thoughts?? is this likely??
Old 10-25-2002, 01:42 AM
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of tail authority into wind

What size are the tail blades? How does the tail hold while flying fast sideways?