Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Flapping Head

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:17 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flapping Head

This is a newbe question . but what the heck is a flapping head and what is the difference between a flapping head and regular head ?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:26 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Flapping Head

The flapping head has the each blade grips spindle rod bolted onto a a flat piece of steel that bolts to the head. Each blade grip has it's own and can flex up or down individually. Unlike a regular head that the spindle is one piece through the head for both blade holders. Having a one piece spindle for both blade grip has much less flex for 3D but the flapping head is more stable for scale, it let's the blade flex up like a real helo has, kind of like dihedral on an airplane.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:36 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The Concepts and early version of the Nexus had flapping heads. Most of the modern helis like the Raptor, Shuttle and EVO's have a 1 piece spindle going between the blade grips.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:48 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks guys I believe I got it . I will have a look at my heli heads. which both happen to be the two that barracuda menchened.