Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

use of flybar weight

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 02:14 AM
AeroSports
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default use of flybar weight

what is the purpose of using flybar weights, while one tries to reduce the weight of paddles?
Old 11-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Graeme
My Feedback: (5)

Although my new bird has 'em, I haven't flown it yet - so I can't speak from experience.

If I remember what I read the other day, though, they increase your bird's stability.

Placed outward, (toward the paddles), offers greater stability. (The item said this was best for training.)

Move them inward for more stable aerobatics.

Use two on each side, one inner and one outer, for the greatest stability. (I've haven't seen anyone set up like this, though.)

Have fun...
Old 11-28-2002, 01:57 PM
CrAzYfLyEr-RCU

You can actually get so light with paddles that it makes the heli hard to fly.I have V-Blade paddles on my Ergo,without flybar weights it is very,very sensitive to even the smallest cyclic inputs.Im using MA easy-off flybar weights placed about half way out to calm it down a bit.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:45 PM
AeroSports
My Feedback: (3)

Default I think I got it.

when the lighter paddles are too much lighter than desired, going back to stock is not an option, and there is no better alternative, flybar weights come in to play. am I right?

further, like graeme stated, they are used to fine tune the flying characteristics. even if lighter sets will do pretty good job, one can fine tune the machine with weights to suite his liking.

thanks guys. does anyone else have different opinions?