Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

German made!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 10:41 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default German made!!

hi all, a friend of mine came to the field yesterday and brought his german made helo.....he flys blackhawks in the army and has a little over four years to go.....before i could get the name or the manufacturer, he performed a 3d manuver and the battey pack flew out.....it was inverted and continued that way until the engine quit.....not much damage. tail boom broke and some stuff bent but it landed upside down and didn't break the rotor blades....had a belt drive and his dad said it had a Y.S. 91 in it but it didn't look like one??? can someone tell me the brand name, if there's only one in germany???? thanks, bill w.
Old 11-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Scotty740

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default German made!!

German machines are Graupner, Henseleit, and Robbe Schluter. The Hensleit and some of the Robbes are the only ones that are belt drive. I assume you are talking about belt main drive as opposed to tail drive.

If it had a 91 it probably was a Henseleit 3DNT. Has a very different flybar setup. They call it a floating flybar I believe. Impressive machine.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:46 AM
Maxx-RCU

Default German made!!

My bet would be that he was flying a Robbe. They have two models out; the Nova and the SE. I fly SE's with the YS 80 and wouldn't give 'em up for any other heli on the market currently. Robust, quality parts, great bearings, low parts count and flys as good as any heli out there...and better than most! Chris
Old 12-01-2002, 05:55 PM
helifreak

Default German made!!

Like Maxx said. It was probably a Robbe. Could have been a Futura, Nova or a Cuatro. All three share the same belt reduction system. To be sure, go to http://www.robbeusa.com

Eric
Old 12-02-2002, 02:14 AM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default German made!!

i do remember this one had very nice tear drop shaped weights on the fly bar. the name didn't sound like "robbe" when i was talking to his dad, just seconds before the battery pack made an exit......not to much damage visible. landed inverted in tall grass. hey helifreak, i just left salem week before last. spent two days at the GSSI plant. very nice town you got there. stopped in the hobby shop near the target, i think. on rt. 28.......thought it was really neat to see snow again........ thanks for the info, bill w.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:13 PM
sloper

Default German Heli

Vario is another German heli. They use a single or double belt drive.