Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Ever hear of HS Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 08:19 PM
specops31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever hear of HS Motors?

Has anyone ever heard of "HS" motors? I recently purchased a century hawk se. It has a HS motor. I can't find any info on them anywhere and could use some help. I know of OS but not HS. It has a blue heat sink on it if that helps anyone.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:51 PM
specops31

I just found out it's SH not HS , I guess that makes me a jackass. Well, I still don't know anything aboutthem other than the name.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

Sure its not OS SX-H, if not try here: :Not sure worh a try
http://www.mecoa.com/
Old 12-03-2002, 05:10 AM
stevenyc1

SH has a big blue head on it?

If so GR8 ? (something) were selling them for like $89......reportedly problematic engines....it seems they're not available anymore.

Let us know how yours runs.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:32 PM
patternfly

I currently fly an SH engine on my rappy, it performs much much better than my os ever did! It has a great idle and ton's of power for a 30 size engine! specops31 if you don't wan't it I'll take it of your hands, just let me know what you want
stevenyc1, where did you here about these engines being problematic?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:49 PM
stevenyc1

I'm pretty sure i read at "Raptortechnique" that the users there were having problems with the SH.....I'm not 100% certain, that is where i read it- but I do recall reading it somewhere....

if you have a strong running SH- then it's good to know their is life in non-OS engines....

I hear the TT39 is awesome.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:34 PM
specops31

Thanks Patternfly. Do you know where I can track down more specific info on the SH motors? Tech info?
Old 12-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Scotty740

I've had a couple of SH engines. They don't like high nitro, 10% at the most. Both of mine would detonate on 30%. There is also a problem with the low end mixture setting vibrating out of position. Take it out and wrap it with 4-5 turns of Teflon tape. Be sure not to let any loose ends get into the carb.

They are a good engine and I think made by Megatech. I got rid of mine as I use 30% in everything else and didn't want to buy and carry different types of fuel around. I don't know how they hold up as they aren't very popular if they are even available anymore.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:20 PM
deka14353
My Feedback: (45)

Default sh engine

Hi i got one in my rappy and it performs great i am using 15% of nitro and idles great and lots of torque and for the price you can't beat it i got a Weston pipe on mine and i never Had the engine quit on me (knock on wood LOL) and inverted flights are easy but remember to have header tank.
merry Christmas to all