Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Get yer YS80's cheap

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 02:37 AM
gjestico
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get yer YS80's cheap

With the arrival of the YS91, it appears some vendors are wanting to unload the 80's. Chck out Heli-world. $199 with free shipping.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:34 PM
z11355

They probably don't come w/ the ST2 carb
barrel which most people want (partic. w/ a
GV1) and they don't have the US YS warranty.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

Now what I wonder is how, and why would Heil-World be buying grey market stuff. The shop is in California. So why not just buy the US destributed stuff? Rather than sell stuff without any warantee in the US. Now I am not saying that this is the case. But if it is, it doesn't make any sense to me. Perhaps there is someone here that has bought one of these that can indeed tell us what the skinny is. Or someone can call and ask if the carbs are the old type,or the new type. Anyone???????
Old 12-14-2002, 06:01 PM
gjestico
My Feedback: (2)

A local flying bud here bought one some months back when they were $220 or so, his came with the old style carb barrel. So they may indeed be imported from the east.
They also could be some old stock; when I got my YS80 from Ricks RC it had the old style barrel on it as well, but one phone call to Ricks and the new style barrel was on the way no charge.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:10 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF it was with the good barrel, what would I need to change to put it in my Fury currently sporting an OS 61? I've been contemplating putting in a big block for a while.
basmntdweller
Old 12-15-2002, 12:32 AM
tvoydan
My Feedback: (8)

Default Heli-world YS80

I bought 2 YS-80's a month ago from Heli-World. They do indeed have the old style carb barrel. You'll have to upgrade the carb barrel to the ST2 barrel.

I assume they do not have the US warranty and I do not think YS Performance US Distributors will send you the new carb barrells for free. I think the ST2 carb part is around $30?

Check this link on runryder. Same topic....

http://runryder.com/showtopic.htm?s=&topicid=21295