Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

TT39 - Oh yeah Baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 02:07 PM
patternfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT39 - Oh yeah Baby!!!

I did get scared (****less) every time I saw a heli spin it's blades at our field, I mean propeller on my plane was enough for me, but that all went away after getting my first heli, don't get me wrong I still have Ton of respect for the flying "saw" but don't need to change my diaper every time I start it anymore LOL
Old 01-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

I know that feeling. I spent quite a bit of time on the SIM before I actually flew my first heli. It as the adrenaline rush of a life time. I thought the thing would never settle down, and it didn't. The SIM basicly taught me the fundamentals of what worked what on the sticks. But didn't help me AT ALL that first day. My knees were knocking, and my hands were shakeing. I felt like I had a 50 pound rock in my stomach. And I was sweating like a PIG, and it was about 40 degrees outside. It was an interesting day. I wondered if I would EVER learn to fly the thing. But after a TON of practice I got it down. And now I am having a blast. That was over 2 years ago. Looking back, I would have never thought I would have this much fun with a hobby. But I love it!
Old 01-01-2003, 02:51 AM
nuflyer1976
My Feedback: (1)

Default yeah that's the stuff

i caught the fundamentals of r/c heli flying from an old playstaion game called "r/c stuntcopter". a year or so later some plank flyers at the field ventured into helis (a couple of rappy 30s). i had to try it, one of them owed me a favor (for stepping on the tail of my dazzler(damnit doug!)), so i conned him into hading over the sticks and there i was hovering the damn thing. sweating my n*** off, but i was hovering what an awesome feeling! that was three years ago and now i'm getting my first heli (raptor 30 v2).
Old 01-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Ted R

Default messy front bearing

I too have a tt39 which I enjoy a great deal. I also have a messy front bearing and have talked with the distributor about it and he told me he did not have any parts for it yet.
I talked to my friends at HeliProz and they just told me that the OS 32 front bearing is the same one. I ordered one and maybe it will have a little better luck keeping the oil in. Other then that this little engine is extremely stable.
I have just installed a governor on my caliber 30 with The TT39 and I am having some serging problems at full throttle. I don't know if it is the engine or the governor. I have found a work around for this by using the GovOff function of the governor, which turns off the governor at 95% throttle.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:43 PM

Ted R

Thanks for the "heads up" on the bearing. I was going to pop the bearing out to measure it and wait for a new one, but you've saved me some down time.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:41 AM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

I have nearly 4 gallons through my TT39. Awesome power for a 30. If I hadn't outgrown the capabilities of a 30 heli I wouldn't be selling it. It starts and runs EVERY time with no hiccups and I have not had to change the needle valve once.

I am converting to a 50 because I am starting to bog the head with advanved manuevers, any takers? I have the original and the upgraded pipes with it as well as the V2 fan. It is a fantastic engine.