Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

MX400 Tail Rotor/Rudder Issue

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

MX400 Tail Rotor/Rudder Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
lcbabj
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX400 Tail Rotor/Rudder Issue

Hello folks. I have been flying planes for about 5 years and just got into heli's. I built and am flying an MX400 with an Align RCE500 gyro, digital JR servos, JR PCM r700s RX, etc. I have been flying for about a month now and have just started really getting comfortable with this heli and have been very pleased with the flight characteristics. I have done a full aluminum upgrade also. All of the sudden yesterday I noticed I would intermittantly seem to have no right rudder. Notice some slop in one of the tail rotor blades and found my ball connector was cracked and barely hanging on. So I did the metal upgrade on the tail (last upgrade I planned to do so thought it was a good time to do it). I have noticed now that I intermittantly still seem to have no right rudder. If I apply a fair amount of right rudder and hold it, I get right rudder all at once if I hold it for about 2 seconds. I have visually checked everything and cannot find a problem and have not changed any of the radio settings. I am running the gyro at about 53 - 55% which is just in HH mode where it's been for quite a while. Any ideas??
Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
johnnyf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MX400 Tail Rotor/Rudder Issue

i have a 400 mx pro also-still putting parts on that seem to "break"
the tail on mine is a pain in the@#@#@#
i am still trying to get the tail assembly to run smooth-the linkages
seem to bind in one direction on the shaft of the tail rotor
maybe that's what is happening to you
remove the tail link that connects to the servo and move the linkage
by hand-it should be real smooth-no binding
the screws in the see-saw fell out tonite
good thing i can fly yet-i just rebuilt the tail bearing assembly and this happens
patience i guess-good luck on your tail problem-sorry to rant