Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

did any one else here buy the bladerunner micro mosquito?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

did any one else here buy the bladerunner micro mosquito?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
nitrofreak06
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did any one else here buy the bladerunner micro mosquito?

yeah my subject ask bascily what i want to know lol, any way. i bought the blade runner series micro mosquito and radioshack today for 70 bucks plus taxs. but if any is looking into buying a cheap 3 channel digital proportion heli, then i would go with this. it has a lipo battery in it, and it stays charged for like 7 mins on full throtal. in my house i have 9 foot celling and i can touch the cealling very easly. and man let me tell you this little thing sure can take some beatings lol, every so offten ill hit the wall to hard or the floor and the spur gear gets knocked out of place but i just pop it back in no biggy. oh yeah if any one has one of these and have some mods let me know asap!. ill post pics later. peace!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Jellyson

Default RE: did any one else here buy the bladerunner micro mosquito?

Yup, I've got one too. It's not trivial to fly, either! One drag is that they put the yaw on the wrong stick. I put a little weight made from a piece of solder on the front of mine to give it a bit more forward controllability.
I love the green "headlight" eyes! I like to fly it in the dark...
Old 11-19-2006, 06:30 PM
anothersteve

Good luck with it. The 2 I had both took a crap after a couple of days, they got really erratic,no control at all. No more for me, especially for the cost. I like the Air Hogs "Helix" personally. I'm still flying the one I got almost 2 months ago for $49.99 at TRU, with no problems.
Later, Steve
Old 11-20-2006, 10:53 PM
nitrofreak06
My Feedback: (17)

yeah i had mine for about two days now, and the rear rotor motor isnt working here and there, so i thinking about taking it back... radio shack doesnt really got quality stuff. thats just my opion. oh after a full charge i will play with it for like two mins, and the thing wont even go a foot off the ground, did either of you have this problem? i still have it like it was when i bought it.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:29 AM
anothersteve

Yeah, the same problems with both of mine. I contacted the company that makes them(Interactive Toys,if I remember right),they said to bring it back to RS for an "exchange" that's what I did and the second one craped out too. I'm not sure if you can get a refund, I just gave up. good luck.
Later, Steve
Old 11-22-2006, 09:31 AM
anothersteve

N/T,double post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Linsner7

I know it's kind of an old thread, but I just got one today and it works very well for the price. Add the extra weight in the front and it make for a much better forward movment. The great thing is, I have a week to abuse it and if I dont like it I can just exchange it at RS.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a good thing cuz you will be taking it back, burns up pretty fast!!Flys good but not for long.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Puny_Human

I love my MM. Had it for over a 2 years and still flies great. I have read many accounts of poor quality MM's being returned however most of these were earlier versions, the 49 MHz model enjoys great user reviews and seems to have addressed some of the earlier issues. As for mods there are several out there for more stability, faster forward speed, lighter body, you name it. What specifically are your interested in improving?