Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Average Glow plug life in a 60heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Average Glow plug life in a 60heli

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:35 AM
reaaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average Glow plug life in a 60heli

Hi, I keep a flight log for my helicopter & just needed some info on the average life span of a OS #8 on a OS61LX-H engine.
It helps to know as to when to think about replacing it!
preventitive maintenance log basically with things like ave gyro tape life, tail gears, clunk line, clutch liner, maingear life, glow plug extension, 401 gyro life ETC..
How many of you keep a accurate log of your flights, flight hours anyway??
Old 11-24-2006, 03:33 PM
HeliTB

Default RE: Average Glow plug life in a 60heli

No answer for your question, but I keep a log as well. The good thing about the log is I can always revert back to the settings that work if I begin to play with the settings of the Heli. It makes adjustments easier not having to remember the previous setting.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:51 PM
RCer22

Default RE: Average Glow plug life in a 60heli

A plug can last a season all things being perfect and tuned right. I will change a plug when the engine starts to run poorly and can't be tuned to run better. Also keep in mind that if you run out of fuel in mid flight and the engine dies from lack of fuel at a high RPM that too can shorten plug life. But generally speaking the plug can last all season long.