Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Helicopter Purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 09:16 PM
eddie13231
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helicopter Purchasing

Hello, I was recently interested in buying the raptor v2 tt39 kit from heli-kraft.com, when a fellow club member told me not to. He said that if any parts are missing I am basically screwed, is this true? He said heliproz.com has better customer service but the kit from heli-kraft is $40.00 cheapter shipped than from heliproz.
Thanks for all the info
Old 01-23-2003, 09:46 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default Heli-Kraft

I've made purchases from Heli-Kraft and haven't had any problems. I've seen a great many posts about dealing with Heli-kraft and the only complaint was it took them a few days to answer e-mails during the Xmas rush but most people were very happy.

I think the main concern is that Heli-Kraft is not a U.S. reseller. I believe they run their business from Belize and ship from warehouses in Hong Kong or Taiwan (not sure).

One of the big debates about these types of companies is that they are 'Grey Market'. You can buy from them cheaper because they don't have to pay a U.S. distributor but you don't get a U.S. warranty either. If something is missing or broken you may have to ship it back to Hong Kong; your local hobby shop probably won't accept it.

Some people argue that you are sending $$ outside of the country instead of supporting US jobs. My take is that the $40 I save is not only staying in the U.S. but in my pocket .... I am supporting an American....ME!

I guess it's a matter of personal choice.
Do you oppose Grey Market?
Can you deal with a non- U.S. warranty?
Will buying within the U.S. give you other advantages? I heard that Heliproz was giving $70 worth of add-ons. If that's true, then that would be a better deal!

Good luck in making your decision,
C.P.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:09 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had that on a gyro, and bought it from Heliproz. Glad I did. I have had to call them a few times about setup questions and they never hesitate to spend time answering questions. If I would have bought one on the so called black market, I would have saved a few bucks, but I prefer to get the service from them. They are quite good. I would consider looking at them and seeing if they have a combo deal or promo going on. They do quite often.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:10 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default FYI - found a good US price

I compared the prices from Heli-Kraft & Heli-world for a Raptor 30 V2 w/tt39 engine. The difference is only $19.95! AND Heli World will ship for FREE. The free shipping will probably make this the better choice.

Check it out!

C.P.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:26 PM
eddie13231
My Feedback: (3)

That is the 29bb kit, I want the 49bb kit, hehe
Old 01-24-2003, 03:36 AM
spooky007
My Feedback: (13)

Default 49BB

Just pay the extra $20 for the additional bearings. I belive the 49BB only comes as an ARF. I have not seen any kits unless the extar bearings were thown in.

Al
Old 01-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Steve Campbell2

>

By God, that's the best answer to the "don't buy gray market" whiners I've heard yet!

Well said!

Steve
Old 01-26-2003, 06:01 AM
classic-flyer-delete

I have bought from heli-kraft several times, and other that waiting about 10 days for my stuff, they were much cheaper than anyone else. I would recomend them. And that was shipping here to KC.