Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Help! Problems with OS 32f in Raptor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Help! Problems with OS 32f in Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 04:12 PM
heliskier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Problems with OS 32f in Raptor

I purchased a second Raptor as a back up heli that has an OS 32f
engine. I have put a new piston,sleeve & bearings in engine & still cannot get it to run right. The engine runs great for about a minute (puts out good smoke) & then seems to lean out & power begins to fall. (I assume the engine must get too hot) . I tried both 15% &
30 % fuel,new glow plug, & everything else I can think of.
Any suggestions other than replacing with the OS 32sx. I have read where others have used the OS 32f with no problems. I would sure like to have back the money I have spent on this to put toward the OS 32 sx.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2002, 05:49 PM
wwnh.net

It sounds like your low end is to rich ,then when it cleans out the high end is too lean.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:50 PM
Ergo60
My Feedback: (1)

Are you sure the problem is in the engine? Take it out and run it on the bench with a seperate fuel system, and see if it does the same thing. I sound like it may be loosing pressure in the tank, but this is only a guess.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:58 PM
heliskier

Thanks for the info. I should have given a little more info on the engine settings. My low end setting is about 1 & 1/2 turns out from full closure & my high end is about the same. The engine will run great for about 1 minute at half stick before it cuts back & starts loosing power. All the fuel lines have been replaced.
I am going to try leaning the low end & richen up the high end. The engine is very rich at low end now.
Thanks again.