Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Watup All, havent been on in forever, I got another school presentation so I got some questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Watup All, havent been on in forever, I got another school presentation so I got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watup All, havent been on in forever, I got another school presentation so I got some questions

Hello everyone!
I got a new school presention next week, so I thought Id drop by here to ask some questions.

This year, for a school assembly (grades K-2). The first grade teacher asked me to present my RC Helicopters for the K-2 students. I agreed and suggested:
1. Only fly E-Flite BCX in gym
2. Come by classrooms and show BCP and BCX, possibly T-Rex
3. After EFBCX flight, invited professional to fly outside.

I really want to teach these kids about helicopters (first grade science) so does anybody have a suggestion on what I should teach?

I am going to make a transparent printout on the exploded parts for my BCP, and explain that it isnt a simple craft! Id teach them basic areodynamics (lift, thrust, ect.) and (2.) show my helicopters w/o flying to the kids.

Number 2-- My BCP is totaly ruined, do you think I will be able to fix it in a week?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Watup All, havent been on in forever, I got another school presentation so I got some questions

Isn't that a bit overboard for first graders? I mean, in terms of teaching about the mechanics of a helicopter. It just seems like it'd be over the heads of most youngsters. Heck, it's over the heads of most adults too!

Fixing a BCP should only take a few hours assuming you've got the parts on hand, I can't see that being a problem.

Good luck with the presentation, most kids are enthralled to see these machines fly, so the entertainment value alone would be enough. I just can't see them showing much interest in the mechanical side of things, but i've been proven wrong before when it comes to the intelligence of todays kids and electronics/mechanics..
Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM
RC-MAN-4EVA

Default RE: Watup All, havent been on in forever, I got another school presentation so I got some questions

i think its a great idea, you can probably fix the BCX in a day depending on how bad you crashed it.

You should rethink ur 3rd idea though.. cause what if their's a glitch or mechanical failure, it can probably hurt someone or/and the objects around it (houses, dogs, etc.)
Old 03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
copterguy1

id just say teach them the parts of the helicopter, the kids would never understand that knida stuff at their age... you oculd pass out sheets with the parts labeled or something too.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:17 PM
CXela22

glad for the support,but I want to make a couple things clear!
Im tryin to fix the BCP
And its just about done! The 3d idea, I talked to my local expert about it, and heres the idea.
3d would confuse the kids way too much. They will love it flying in a basic hover.
(Why tell them (what they could understand of coarse) that it blows the air downward to make it go up, and they see it flying upside down... hehe.)

But, after school, in my 8th grade class I got some people. People who "know everything" and "know that the helicopter in my magazine that is flying upside down is photoshoped and they cant fly upside down cuz they would crash" (yes, I mentioned RC) kinda "friends" would get a kick outta that.... [>:]