Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
J>R Radio and Futuba gyro&servo >

J>R Radio and Futuba gyro&servo

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

J>R Radio and Futuba gyro&servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J>R Radio and Futuba gyro&servo

Someone told me not to mix one manufacturer's radio/receiver combo with another manufacturer's servo/gyro. They said that they don't mix and would cause problems. does anyone have any experience with mixing manufacturer's equiptment.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:47 AM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats bull, Ive got a JR 8103 and my raptor has a futaba 501 gyro and a futaba govenor. I have lots of futaba servo's hooked to JR rx's, and vice versa. Your safe as long as its hooked up the right way. Ive plugged them in backwards on accident before and nothing happened, yet.....
Old 02-19-2002, 04:19 AM

Don't beleive them! I use a JR8103 and Futaba 401 for the tail with the 9253. JR just does not make good gyros so I had to go with Futaba which I don't regret one bit as the 401 is awesome! The only thing is that you'd have to shave off the little notch from the servo plug of the Futaba servo/gyro to fit it into the JR receiver. Other than that it will work just fine. Oh, and the JR servos are reversed compared to the Futaba, so you'd have to reverse the servo in the radio software, no biggie.
Old 02-19-2002, 05:50 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I fly with JR 8103 and use a Jr 649s receiver with Futaba 9202 servos in my Intrepid and I use an Arcamax HH gyro with it...I have had no problems at all. Like has been said, as long as everything is wired up correctly, you'll have no problems.....Coop