Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

XHELI.com is bad business

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

XHELI.com is bad business

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Husko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XHELI.com is bad business

Some of you probably already seen my other email but yes XHELI.com is bad business.

It bothers me to even see an AD here on rcuniverse but oh well, im new. My order was missing the wall adapter for the charger and missing the clips for my anti-crash kit. I talked with thier online support. the person who i talked to didnt care and simply said someone will contact me via email. Havent heard from anyone from xheli.com for 6 days so I go ahead and try the two phone numbers posted on thier site. one of the numbers never gets answered and the second one picked up and kept repeating a recording 'THANK YOU, GOOD BYE'

So an hour later i call that number again and at least it tells me im now in a que. I hold in that que long distance for 45 mother minutes and they hang up on me.

screw xheli.com I'll replace the missing items by purchasing them from someone else and will always tell people how horrible xheli.com is when it comes to playing with your money.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Doppelganger
My Feedback: (1)

So glad I found this thread. I almost purchased a heli from them. Thanks to all who contributed. Both positive and negative. The bad definately outweigh the good.

Steve
Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 PM
cyberbot12345

Guys, please read the thread. There's a direct line at 626-429-5289 to get your issues solved
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 PM
tcgenius

I recently placed an order with XHeli. What a mistake! I ordered a Walkera 6-Channel Radio Remote Controlled RC Helicopter Ready to Fly. It was supposed to come with a crash kit and an extra set of blades. I received an order confirmation and a shipping notice. The tracking number was not valid for several day after I placed the order. When the helicopter finally arrived, I noticed that the outer shipping box was kind of beat up. When I pulled the helicopter box out of the outer box I noticed that the factory seal was broken. The box had been noticabilly opened several times based on the condition of the cardboard flaps inside. The speed controller was fried right out of the box. The plastic was melted arounf the ESC chip and it smelled burned. I never received the crash kit or the extra blades either. I called the support number and got no answer for several days. They never responded to my emails. I finally managed to reach the manager on the phone. He was rude and unhelpful. He wanted me to send him a picture of what I was talking about. He told me that he would call me right back after he received them. two hours after sent them I still didn't hear anything so I clicked on the online chat to see if I could reach someone there because their phone gave me a fast busy signal every time I tried to call them back. I finally raised enough of a stink with the online chat people that he called me back. He then told me that he never received the email I sent with the pics even though I sent it with gmail and could see all of the emails that he had sent me. Long story short, I had to send the helicopter back at my expense and to date have not received a refund. They are probably trying to figure out a way to blame me for the problem. I will never do business with them again. I would like to try and warn any potential xheli or raidentech customers not to make the same mistake that I did by placing an order with them. There are many other good places to go where you can get better customer service and response from. I have to keep spoofing new caller id's each time I need to reach them because I believe that they are blocking the numbers that I previously call from so they don't have to talk to me in person. Bad Business for sure!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76414.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	960475  
Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
DKhairho

Well, I wish I would have saw this forum before I purchased my Falcon 3d today. I found this looking for some tips on my heli purchase and the only good news I found is that my heli is a good buy but looking at this forum, xheli is trash. Lord knows I hope they come through! I'll submit my feedback in the next week or so.

Fingers crossed!!! []

-DK
Old 05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
tcgenius

Good luck, I tried to cancel my order 10 minutes after I placed it and they didn't respond until right after they shipped it out the door.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:39 PM
KCinNC

my first 2 Heli's came from them with no problems & fast shipping !!! maybe they have gone down the tubes in the last year ??? do hope you guys get all your shipments sent !!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:59 AM
AZheli

At one time Xheli had genuine problems, but as a new & growing business, has appeared to have fixed most of them. I've placed numerous orders since the first of the year. Prices are good and delivery is quick. The few problems I've had were promptly resolved. One of their reps is a Host over at the Exceed RC Forum. A PM to him gets quick resolution to any problems.

I don't have any reservations with doing further business with them.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM
imweewee

i am new to post forum and stuff, so correct me if anything is wrong

i am looking for a rc 4 or 6 channel heli, and xheli.com always comes on top on google searches
it seems that xheil.com have good prices and stuff.
they claim to have "100% customer satisfaction NOW" i wonder what that means, maybe their customer service changed?

i was about to order from xheli.com but i found this forum and after reading all the horror stories, with one or two happy stories, i stopped the order

can you guys recommend me any good online vendors for 4 or 6 channel helis, 400 or 300 class size; preferalby low price below $150, below 200 can be considered.
thanks in advance
Old 06-04-2008, 12:23 AM
DKhairho

Well my heli arrived today and so far so good. Ordered the Falcon 3D on Friday and it arrived via UPS on Tuesday. I didn't get a chance to take her for a flight but she seems to be in great shape. Hopefully I don't have any issues that would cause me to have to call for after purchase service.

-DK
Old 06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
imweewee

maybe xheli had changed its way of conducting business? or you are one of the lucky ones?

would any of you recommend helihobby or helidirect?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
HeliSmith

I would recommend HeliHobby. Actually I love HeliHobby so much I sought out a position with them. Fast shipping, great selection and Nikki from HeliHobby is wonderful person helping me with decissions even on my own purchases. I wouldn't buy from any other place whether I was a field rep or not as I already know Nikki can make the best package deals on the planet.

imweewee I also fly everything from 300 class FP 4 channel helis, 5/6 channel 450 helis and even a 6/7 channel Nitro. I have bought a lot of junk if there are some questions you have feel free to PM me.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
imweewee

what is Nikki?
helihobby seems a good place, not the lowest price,but good place anyway
Old 06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
HeliSmith

She is the manager for HeliHobby as well as a great pilot and tech.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 PM
KCinNC

i placed an order with xheli last night (they had a canopy i've been looking for)....got a confirmation my items were shipped today !!

i have bought many items from them with no problems

i've bought stuff from HeliHobby & HeliDirect, both great service
Old 06-05-2008, 04:37 PM
imweewee

guess xheli has changed its way of business?

i hope it did,
one more choice for consumers

xheli does have cheap prices
Old 06-06-2008, 06:14 AM
tcgenius

The helicopter they sent me two weeks ago was used and broken before I ever opened the box. It sure doesn't seem like they have changed their way of doing business to me. I am still waiting for a refund from the RMA that I sent them and I can't even get them to answer the phone. Buyer Beware!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
AZheli

I've ordered a lot of stuff from XHeli, and have had very few problems. In one instance, I ordered one of the $69.95 Lama v3's to use in a project to morph it into a Super Lama v4 - it's cheaper to do it my way, then to buy a v4 to begin with. Anyway, it looked good right outta the box, but did have a nasty hum in the left servo & would not hold zero. A simple PM to the Forum Host down at the Exceed RC Forum & a new servo was sent out to me - no waiting on the phone, no heated conversation, no sweat.

Same deal with crystal sets. I have several Lamas, several Walkera helis & some other E-Sky stuff. It's really great to request a particular channel and have XHeli send one with a different channel, then toss in another set of the requested channel. When they have the channel I want, they send it. All it takes is a PM to that Forum Host & it's taken care of.

Another advantage is that I've never paid for shipping for any of the helis from XHeli free shipping is available for all orders $50 & over.

I've found that when dealing with Customer Service, or anyone over the phone, the quicker you can come to the point & ask for a problem to be fixed, the quicker you will get resolution. OTOH, if you fail to recognize that the guy on the other end of the phone is there to help, and spend all your time *****ing him out, the less willing to help he becomes. When you call & threaten & whine, the only thing you can expect, is to be ignored.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:10 AM
cli8m

ORIGINAL: AZheli
I've found that when dealing with Customer Service, or anyone over the phone, the quicker you can come to the point & ask for a problem to be fixed, the quicker you will get resolution. OTOH, if you fail to recognize that the guy on the other end of the phone is there to help, and spend all your time *****ing him out, the less willing to help he becomes. When you call & threaten & whine, the only thing you can expect, is to be ignored.
Nope, a professional customer service organization is driven by company policies and procedures, not the actions of the client. An angry client gets the same treatment and same resolution as a brown noser. If XHeli customer support depends on the feelings/mood of their guy on the phone, then that's an excellent reason to NOT SHOP THERE!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:15 PM
AZheli

ORIGINAL: cli8m

ORIGINAL: AZheli
Nope, a professional customer service organization is driven by company policies and procedures, not the actions of the client. An angry client gets the same treatment and same resolution as a brown noser. If XHeli customer support depends on the feelings/mood of their guy on the phone, then that's an excellent reason to NOT SHOP THERE!
My experience over the years in dealing with people indicates otherwise. I've spent over 10 years in Semiconductor Manufacturing - largely dealing with vendors or management who need to approve budget or project plans. I've spent an additional 19 years in distribution, transportation and customer service. It's my simple observation (having been at both ends of the problem) that if you approach something in a rational manner and stick to presenting the problem and what you expect for resolution, you really do get a much better, and more positive response from the guy you're contacting. I'm often in the situation where someone wants resolution of a problem and gives me the facts & his expectations. If I can't fix it myself, I'll forward it on to the appropriate people who can. We both then move on with the day.

OTOH if some clod spends 10 minutes of airtime just telling me what ¢rap I, my organization, all my employees and products/services are, then insists on arguing with every word I tell him, you can bet that I'll take care of the problem. You can also be assured that HIS problem will be placed at the bottom of the stack to be dispositioned later.

Your comment regarding on reliance on feelings / mood of their rep is at best, naive. After all, nobody removes the human element completely & runs strictly 'by the book' to resolve problems in any venue.

As a manager told me LONG ago, "Never pi$$ off the guy you're asking for help." You may not even like him, but he doesn't need to be made painfully aware of that fact.

It's human nature, not company policy, to react according to how we're treated. Civil discourse gets more prompt and thorough attention.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:10 PM
cli8m

Nope, that's why you hear "your call may be monitored for ...".

I've spent 30 years in computer systems, most of that in operations and client support. And a professional is a professional, responding according to policy. That's not naive, it's enforced via monitoring.

After the call, you may comment on the caller's knowledge, background, parentage, etc. But you never stiff a client just cause he's an $%#%$#.

Civil discourse gets more prompt and thorough attention is a fact of life, but a company that condones or promotes placing an $#$%##'s problem at the bottom of the stack to be dispositioned later is one you don't want to deal with.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
imweewee

Do any of you have more feedbacks on xheli? I still hope that xheli can be trusted, does have a lot of choices, at good prices
Old 06-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

I have a Motto I live by. When I have a customer that wants to get "In my Face" at my shop. I think to myself "He's going away mad and he's going away broke." If the same customer comes to me and explains the problem in a civil manner I'll normally bend over backwards to help them. The ones that go away mad get a new last name in my customer data base. FIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:03 PM
imweewee

well, u r bound to lose some customers like that, and those mad customers go out and start spread more bad stuff about ur shop
Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Let's review. I have a mad customer that is cussing me out for HIS problem and he's going away mad no matter what I do. He'll tell his friends that either.......

A. Knows how he is and don't pay him any attention.

B. Are just like him

I don't need the headaches of customers like him or his friends.

I now have time to spend more attention to the customer that are glad to deal with me and me with them.

I can't please everyone nor will I try.
Not everyone that walks through my front door is a customer. Some are users that want to make THEIR problem MY problem. I will not empower them one bit.

Lift is too short to go through life dealing with idiots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.