Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Apache Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 09:18 PM
ka-fi007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache Helicopter

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and will be new to helicopter flying. As with most people when I get something new I want to get the best. Since I am new to this sport, I don't think I want to go with the best and most expensive just yet. I would like to get a gas powered (Nitro) Apache helicopter or something similiar. Can you recommend a site where I can view one so I can start doing research before I purchase it? Thanks for all of your help. Feel free to email the info to me at: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	60328_29984.jpg
Views:	6787
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	37370  
Old 03-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't mean to offend, but why are you asking this question on the gasser forum? Do a little homework and you will find that the gasser helis are the ones powered by gasoline engines not just because they use fuel and not batteries.

Maybe I'm a little bias, I just read a post from another person asking on this same forum about an LMH. If that is the case. The disregard the previous statement.

But still some homework needs to be done, if you are asking for a scale machine, you will find that the fuselage and the "mechanics" of the heli are sold separately. That means that you can match almost any fuselage to almost any machine given that they are compatible in size.

I do recommend a gasser heli for any kind of scale work. The lack of smoke makes it look so much better in the air.

For the fuselage you can go with a Century fuselage, I believe they have an Apache that fits the gasser mechanics.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the other hand, why do you want to start with a scale project? Go to your local flying club and see what do they have. I can bet you that more than 95% of the helis that you will see are pod-and-boom. Much cheaper initial cost, and much easier to rebuild ( and you will be doing a lot of rebuilding if you don't know how to fly yet.

And you have to buy a pod-and-boom heli to be able to "wrap" a fuselage around it anyway.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:38 AM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this http://model.hirobo.co.jp/english/index.html. I could do more searching, but I'll leave it up to you. They make an awesome cobra kit!!!