Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

telebee 701 question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 02:40 PM
joeyM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default telebee 701 question

i just put a telebee 701 gyro that i had laying around in a beat around heli that i fly just to try out the gyro--it was NIB and havnt used the gyro until the other day when i flew the heli--i just used a s148 servo--is it ok to just use a cheap servo or do i need to use a digital with this gyro--I wasnt too impressed with the performance and i was wondering if its because my servo is too slow---didnt want to spend the money for a digi servo for the cheap heli--anyone out there use the telebee 701 like this?....thanks......joe
Old 03-15-2003, 03:55 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the 701 needs a fast servo. Yes they are cheap and lots of them have failed so watch for any big changes in the way is responds.

Have done the foam tape mod to the inside of the box? Pull the bottom cover and install a small piece of foam tape between the case and the electronics. That has helped them to last a little longer in the past.

Dru.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:43 PM
joeyM

yeah--did the mod thing to the gyro already--i do have a gy401/9253 coming soon anyway but not for that heli---ha----thanks for the info---i thought thats why it didnt seem to perform too well..joe
Old 03-16-2003, 04:56 AM
syclic

Default Gyro/servo

JoeyM,

If it will make you feel any better, the 401 on an S-148 doesn't work very well either.

I found a good site that explains the gyro/servo relationships very well. Look in the "hints and tips" section of
www.leisuretech.ca
Old 03-16-2003, 12:56 PM
joeyM

I know that --thats why i also ordered the 9253 servo with the 401.....joe