Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Which one to get..9CHP or 9CHF ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Which one to get..9CHP or 9CHF ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Pyrro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one to get..9CHP or 9CHF ??

Which radio set should I get for a Raptor 30 V2? Is the 9CHP set worth $100 more than the 9CHF set?

Basically, does the PCM, 9001 servos, and 9th switch channel justify the $100 extra verses FM, 3001 servos, and NO 9th switch channel?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Galifrey

rule of thumb...

best electronics you can afford...

otherwise you will only upgrade later..

Old 04-09-2003, 09:51 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends on what you want. Do you want to fly an FM system or PCM.

I have never seen an FM survive when someone on the same freq turned on a transmitter. I have on the other hand seen two PCM planes on the same freq fly side by side in a thermal. (gliders)

I prefer PCM personally. Less chances of getting hit for the most part.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Pyrro

Thanks for the quick response because I am going to pick one up in an hour. I initially placed an order for the CHF and they had a CHP in stock. I hope they dont mind if I flake on the CHF and get the more expensive CHP instead.

Also, I heard that the CHP can also go FM if an FM receiver is used...is that correct?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Lynx

The only difference between the two is the extras that come with it (the PCM receiver versus PPM one) the radio will run either it's just an option in setup. For starting off to make sure you get your electrical system setup glitch free use a PPM receiver (so you can see glitch problems you're having) once you're fairly sure the setup is solid and RF interference free go with the PPM receiver.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:27 AM
Pyrro

It's a done deal. I'm the proud owner of a Futaba 9CHP. I have a lot of reading ahead of me. Unfortunatly, I can't use it on G2 because the 9C to 9C adapter hasn't arrived yet. While I practice on G2 I need to decide between a Raptor 30 or a Logo 10 or 20.

Why consider electric? I may be doing mostly park flying so quiet is good AND I already have a plethora of electric support items (chargers, batteries). Also, I'm more familiar with it and know close to nothing about glows.

I'm open to suggestions but I'd only consider Mikado Logos for the quality and my LHS has parts. As far as glows, it's pretty much just the Rappy.

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Lynx

Good electrics aren't cheap though. There's not a HUGE amount to learn if you're getting into glow. There's just so much more power available in glow engines, it's hard not to at least give it a good long look.