Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for 2 new heli forum moderators to help out in Heli Discussion forums

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Looking for 2 new heli forum moderators to help out in Heli Discussion forums

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:21 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for 2 new heli forum moderators to help out in Heli Discussion forums

We are looking for 2 new moderators for the heli forum. Applicants should have spare time to spend a few hours a day to browse the heli forums to ensure the forums are orderly, peaceful and enjoyable. Potential moderators need NOT be a heli expert but should be enthusiastic and have a basic knowledge of this segment of the hobby.

If you are interested and would like to help out please email [email protected]
Old 05-07-2003, 01:21 AM
ChristianXL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 2 new heli forum moderators to help out in Heli Discussion forums

Thank you, maybe I'll start visiting this site again...
Old 05-07-2003, 01:52 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

kewl, maby on the road to recovery here at last.
do outside forum moderators still have mod privilages in forms they do not mod here?
as in old timmer moderator can mod post in jets, or heli, or for sale forum?
Old 05-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

ChristianXL, Mongo-
Great looking forward to your support on the site.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:07 AM
mvigod
Banned

Originally posted by mongo
kewl, amby on the road to recovery here at last.
do outside forum moderators still have mod privilages in forms they do not mod here?
as in old timmer moderator can mod post in jets, or heli, or for sale forum?

if one is a moderator of one forum he/she cannot moderate another forum unless they are a community or senior moderator.

If your question is regarding furyflyer the answer is that he is not a moderator who can edit, delete, move, etc in heli discussions. He is looking over the swap shops here at RCU as they have become extremely busy and I need his eyes in those forums to keep commercial posters off the site and deal with spammers in there.

Paul (furyflyer2) has done a good job of moderating many forums even though some of you had run ins with him or disagree with his advice. His intentions were to help others and he spends alot of his personal time trying to help others to the best of his ability. You guys should not knock him for that.

We are looking for 2 level headed guys or gals to moderate RCU's heli discussion forums. We need people who can keep topics on track and ensure things stay fun and do not get personal. Sounds easier than it is.

To those who thing they have what it takes please email "[email protected]" with the subject "Heli forum moderator" and explain briefly why you feel you would make a good moderator for this forum.

Our end game here is to provide a fun, relaxing, inviting and enjoyable forum where users can share information, learn from each other and buy and sell to their hearts content. Let's all remember that.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:19 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

not so much pg in particular, but it has always seemed that this site had a bit of the "too many cooks" involved with the broth.
a forum really needs the stability of one, or maby two folks watching it over, and not some others sticking their opinions of right and wrong in haphazardly.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Steve Campbell2

>

Nobody is.

I, for one, recognize (and appreciate) his contributions of time and effort to make things run smoothly.

But there have been several occasions where he has given advice that was flat wrong. And if I recall correctly, it was pretty basic stuff, too.

THAT is what has a bunch of folks wondering just who's on first, Marc.

Granted, it is a thankless job; one that I certainly would not last long in. But if the job description requires only a "basic knowledge of the segment of the hobby and enthusiasm", then perhaps the moderator should stick to enthusiastically ejecting flamers and spammers, and keeping the peace in general.

This board is the number one pit stop for plank stuff; I'm active on those forums every day. I think there are a couple of reasons why heli activity on RCU has dropped off, but we won't go there...

Steve
Old 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
mvigod
Banned

I just deleted two posts in this thread...the topic is the search for new heli mods...let's please keep it to that and not toss stones at each other anymore. I'll delete any personal attacks so let's not waste anytime casting aspersions anymore and let's all get back to discussing the hobby. Those who can stay on the subject of RC heli's will be much more appreciated by the beginners and those learning here.

thank you.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:12 PM
vanguard
My Feedback: (25)

Marc, I sent you an email concerning the moderator position.

Mike
Old 05-07-2003, 04:23 PM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Hey Marc....email/pm sent...:thumbup:
Old 05-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

The job intails-

We are looking for 2 level headed guys or gals to moderate RCU's heli discussion forums. We need people who can keep topics on track and ensure things stay fun and do not get personal. Sounds easier than it is.

To those who thing they have what it takes please email "[email protected]" with the subject "Heli forum moderator" and explain briefly why you feel you would make a good moderator for this forum.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Steve Campbell2

Hmmm; if you are trying to say that I mis-quoted the "job description", re-read the first post by Marc.

If not, then you've lost me...
Old 05-07-2003, 10:04 PM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by RCadmin
I just deleted two posts in this thread...the topic is the search for new heli mods...let's please keep it to that and not toss stones at each other anymore. ...
what in heaven does it take for you guys to stop !!???

rcuniverse will loose more and more people if this keeps on going... 76 people voted in a 2 week time period (and 400 views) that is a sad statement, where are all the thousands and thousands of members? somewhere else (you can not delete your membership...)

so just stop it and keep it friendly ...