Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Xcell Fury and Extreme questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Xcell Fury and Extreme questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 01:28 PM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xcell Fury and Extreme questions

The Extreme will be arriving soon, but it set to be priced about $150 or more high than the Fury .60. My question is, can the Fury .60 expert be upgraded to handle a .90 size engine for less $?

I know the Extreme will have a metal tail rotor case and some other changes, but as far as I know that is not necessary for using a .90 in this machine.

Is the Extreme really necessary in order to fly a .90 in the Fury, or can the .60 expert, with the gear change and longer boom, handle the .90 just fine?

Just trying to save a few dollars if possible.

Anyone know what the upgrades cost to get the Fury .60 ready for a .90?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2002, 03:07 PM
DavidH

There is 80's and 91's already in Furys and the Extreme is not out. So the answer to your question can the Fury 60 handle a 91 is yes. You got to realize all the fury frames are the same, only difference is longer tail booms and different gear ratios for each model. You can just put the gear ratio change in the 60 for the 80 or the 91 and you should be set to go. The boom is already long enough to run 700 mm blades with no problem, but if you want to run longer blades and a bigger tail disk you will need to go to the 33 inch tail boom setup.
The gear change and boom lengthing is probably going to cost $150 to do to a 60 Expert.

David
Old 03-12-2002, 04:30 PM
howardm4
My Feedback: (1)

plus you dont get the metal tailbox and whatever else.

The excellent 3D'ers I've spoken to have gone through numerous
sets of tail gears due to distortion of the stock plastic box.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Steve Campbell2

>

But only because of the insane stuff they're doing. The stock plastic box has stood the test of time until the advent of all these ultra-radical 3D manueuvers. Looking at some of these guys, I wonder how the machine stays together at all; ANY of them.

Steve
Old 03-12-2002, 10:38 PM
gjsinke

Additional upgrades to the Extreme,

From jkheli.com,

I just got back from Miniature and finished testing some stuff for the Fury Extreme (80-90). Some of the new goodies in the Extreme kits will include:

- Main Thrust bearings - bigger like the se style will also have a different head axle to accommodate this change.

- New thick head dampening shims.

- Plastic wash out hub, has less slop & lasts much longer.

- Brass sleeves that go in between bearings that will allow full tightening of all mixing arms.

- New upper main shaft bearing block with 2 radial bearings.

- 3rd main shaft bearing block below the main gear and new main shaft to accommodate this.

- Metal tail rotor gearbox and new pitch slider with improved geometry.

- 11 tooth clutch and either 90 or 93 tooth main gears, and the appropriate clutch side plates.

- 33 inch tail boom (1 1/2 inches longer than the 60).

- New double sided tape for mounting the fuel tank.

And best of all the Fury Extreme will still weigh under 10lbs!

Jim
Old 03-15-2002, 01:45 AM
Indy Don

Default Is it worth the money?

I spent $150 like Davidh said for the new clutch, gearing and frame stiffener. Is it worth the extra $ ? Yes. It will be worth the wait.

Indy Don