Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

AWESOME DAY...finally getting the hang of it

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

AWESOME DAY...finally getting the hang of it

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 PM
dabigboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AWESOME DAY...finally getting the hang of it

Soooo I've had my Axe CP for around 2 months now, flying once or twice a day usually every day or two. Today was the first time I confidently hovered nose-in. I've done it a few times before but I could never quite seem to conquer the psychological side of it (I knew I could more or less do it because of the sim, and there were times I'd hang in there with the Axe nose-in for a few seconds but then get askew again).

I also did some serious forward flight, now that I'm feeling better with nose-in. It was a bit hair-raising (I have a pretty small parking lot area to fly around, with parking signs and buildings or trees close by in all directions, and a few vehicles), but maaan, what a trip! Got a nice fast, tight circular pattern out of it, and some quick point-to-point flying to various points in my flying area.. I tried FFF once before at the RC field....plenty of room, but I was really rushing it. I actually did return to a stable hover several times that day, but ultimately ended up losing it during a low altitude pass (maybe flying when it's not almost dark would help....).

Now tail-in hovering seems boring, LOL. I'm JUST starting to feel confident enough to try some flips or rolls/loops or something.......but today I figured I'd best not push my luck. Perhaps a little more stick-time.

This hobby rocks!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
legine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AWESOME DAY...finally getting the hang of it

its definetly great when it all comes together.......i know that feeling where you just have to tell someone
Ive just started to hover my belt-CP, its definetly very different to my old fixed pitch heli.

Good Luck and have fun with it!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Skarn

Awesome bro! It only gets better.....

I'm looking forward to your "first loops/flips" thread

Skarn
Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 AM
qwikfyler

Good for you man it only gets better now. After I did my nose in, I was looping it within 2 weeks.
[>:]Just move up to a 30 size now or a trex 500 and you won't sleep anymore