Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

dx6i pot

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:32 PM
jt41time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx6i pot

i have a new dxi. the throttle pot went out. they want me to send it in. ya, right. take too long and got a new trex 450 sitting there ready for the air...... i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find this pot. Its deff the pot. tested it. its trashed. i threw in a pot form another controller i have, correct ohm rating. but it didnt go all the way through the travle. about 85% each way. cant do it. cant figure out how to adjust something in the radio to compensate. Id rather have the correct pot. but not send it in..... help help. serched frys electronics, radio shack. and a few other small shops.... nada.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: dx6i pot

I believe the installation of a new pot requires calibration. I think you'll have to send it in to get it right, even if you have the correct pot installed. Hope you haven't voided your warranty.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:01 AM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

I believe the installation of a new pot requires calibration. I think you'll have to send it in to get it right, even if you have the correct pot installed. Hope you haven't voided your warranty.
No it would not have to be calibrated, its only a volume control of sorts, replace and re- solder and just make sure the center is in the center before locking it down. If one side is not working I would suspect a cold solder joint

If you insist on replacing it yourself the warranty will be gone but the pot should have a part number on it and the resistance and you should be able to search the web for electronic parts.

Jim
Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
jt41time

Ok, i got a pot out of my expert tx. it was too long but i got it to fit. and yes i needed to calibrate it. and there is a function on the tx to calibrate. and im glad i found it, cause my other controls were out of center. pull the left long switch back towards u. hold the horizontal trims toward each other and then turn it on. then flip switches and it will tell u what to do. crazy. love software.....
Old 12-31-2008, 05:46 PM
leadtongue

jt how the f***k did u find that out? im looking at it now.....T A E R....throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder.... shows u m d columns... im assuming upper middle down position and the values for each...cycle through the elev d/r switch, gyro switch and ail d/r switch . im assuming you toggle a switch and then use the scroller to highlight each value you want changed and use the scroller function to change it? That is awesome dude! Now i can take the handle off my logitech extreme 3d joystick which by the way is a 3axis joystick or just wire it up to the tx and ill have a 3axis joystick tx....great for planes and helis!....just like the used to make in years gone by. i practice flying on my sim with the joystick and damn if i cant fly anything on it! even helis...except 3d flying...its no good for that ...sport and scale would be right on with it. im psyched about the possibilities. two gimble tx = long learning curve...3axis = extremely short. if you have a pc joystick with a twist handle rudder give it a whirl and you will see what im talking about.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:53 PM
leadtongue

i did hook up a pot from a broken joystick into the tx...each pair of sticks is wired into a 7pin connector which plugs into the board... i pulled it out and plugged the pot into the board and gave it a try... as i spun the pot with my fingers the appropriate servo moved! so i know it had a chance... now i can calibrate each pot....im hoping...and ill be in business!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
leadtongue

as i further explored this there is also a program to test all your switches....gives an ok or pass rating as you toggle them...im not quite sure im using the pot calibration tool properly... i assumed that you could change values by using the scroll functions...but now it appears that it is done automatically as i could see some of the values fluctuate as i held the tx and toggled the switches through the screens.. that would be optimum...if jt41time reads this could you give alittle more info? i did email you....maybe you thought it was spam. you could email me also if you like.