Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Muffler for Zenoah HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
StuM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler for Zenoah HELP

Hi, A friend of mine has just purchased a Century Preditor gasser 23cc zenoah model and I am currently convertingmy TSK acrostar to the 23cc Zenoah engine.

Can anyone help us in a muffler that is super quiet we are not after power (as it has plentyfor scale type flying) just quiet. Ther century currently has a Century V3 muffler I think

Does anyone no about which fan to use in my TSK conversion would a plastic one be fine or should I go for something along the lines of the century aluminium one

Any info would be great

Stu
Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
rotordoc1

Default RE: Muffler for Zenoah HELP

This is the one I now have on my Predator GS with the G231 - I find it guieter, more mellow sounding and more powerful then two others I have used before.

TSK, I haven't heard that brand namefor years. I retired my TSK MyStar GS when I got the Predator 3 or 4 years ago - the Predator flies like a sport car (great for 3D) while the MyStar (great precision machining etc.) flew like a station wagon. I think the gearing and Tanaka motor that TSK supplied with their GS were the culprits. The Mystar was a great heli design. I loved my Mystar 60 which was a far better flyer then the gasser version.

On the other hand, I found the Preddy was evenmore stableand yet moreagile then the MyStar 60!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:21 AM
StuM

The preditor backs up after foward flight but will hover without any inputs any ideas on what can cause this
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
rotordoc1

What servos? Sounds like they are not always centering where they should.