Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

esc/motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:58 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc/motor

I am about to order my CopterX 450AE v2 Kit and they offer this setup for $29.99
should I buy it? Is it any good. CopterX (CX450-10-06) 430XL Brushless Motor & 50A Brushless ESC with BEC
Old 10-31-2009, 05:03 AM
Charlie

Default RE: esc/motor

Pretty hard to beat the price, the 50amp ESC is a little over kill but it should work fine. If I remember right, I think I've read pretty good reviews about the CopterX.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
bikemad

don't buy the ESC, I have one, a 50amp on a copterx XL430 motor, the soft start is a joke, my copterx BA jumps a qurter of a turn every time I start it up, the motor has loads of power, probley to much, but I like it in the BA, I will keep the motor but get a cheaper 40 amp ESC with a super soft start, if I was you I'd do the same,
copterx stuff is quite good, well made and not cheap rubbish, shame about the ESC but thats life,
I'm think of trying this one unless some one says bad things about it,[link=http://www.hobbypartz.com/volcano-40a-brushless-electric-motor-speed-controller-esc.html]ESC[/link]
[img][img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98573.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1306422  
Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

I like the exceed esc, I have a 30 amp on my esky belt cp v2 does not even get warm and easily programmed with the card.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM
bikemad

I bought a turnigy plush 40 amp in the end, it cost a bit more but not that much after post, funny how things work out, it's so different to the copterx ESC, I think the copterx XL430 motor shoud have a 30C 2200 lipo or more,
comparing the two ESCs,
the soft start works on the turnigy plush, it's so nice to have a sort start,
The battery gets an easier life with the turnigy and the flight time is a little bit longer but not much, about 10%,
The low voltage cut off, cuts in a hell of a lot earlier on the copterx ESC, it hasn't cut in yet on the turnigy, it was after a very hard landing from 25 feet with no motor that made up my mind not to wait for an over sea's ESC and buy from the U, K, though ebay the guy really is a 10 out of 10 seller nilesinstall , top man.
The Turnigy runs warm but not hot, the motor runs much hotter,
I'm not sure what head speed the motor runs at so I can't say if one is more power full than the other, but I'd say the copterx esc has the edge on turnigy on power,
I'm hoping the turnigy esc will help with battery life, my lipo's get a hard time with the copterx esc so much so you can really feel if it's a 25C or 30C lipo in the heli, so I'm buy 5 new lipo's 3 different makes to see how long there last with the turnigy, I will even write down how many charges I get from each battery,